We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is Kata suitable for families?

Which Kata Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle
reviews: 43
is Kata suitable for families?

i cant decide between Karon or Kata beach area. Travelling with a 12yr old so need to be family orientated i.e. no clubs.

also near shops and restaurants.

I gear mixed reports between Kata and Karon, some say Kata is party area and noisy; some say more scenic and quieter than Karon.

any help please

Copenhagen Region...
reviews: 30
1. Re: is Kata suitable for families?

I would definitely say, that Kata is the most family orientated beach of the two. But Karon is also for families, which most of Phuket is. Patong is the beach/area for party, but it has some nice shopping, like Jungceylon.

London, United...
reviews: 84
2. Re: is Kata suitable for families?

Both Karon or Kata beach areas are family friendly.

Newcastle
reviews: 43
3. Re: is Kata suitable for families?

thanks for replies.

which is better in terms of cleaner beach and choice of things to see in walking distance?

Copenhagen Region...
reviews: 30
4. Re: is Kata suitable for families?

I think Kata is the nicest beach, but Karon is a little bigger.

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 40
5. Re: is Kata suitable for families?

Depends a little on your hotel of choice. Karon is a long stretch of beach, with the major area up the northern end. So somewhere like the Hilton (a fine hotel) may not suit. Kata is more compact, and IMO has a nicer feel to it. Stay at whatever area gets you the best hotel deal. That will influence the enjoyment of your holiday more than which of the 2 beaches you choose.

You can see working girls in bars at night, most places you stay. But it's not the problem you may be thinking it is. Even in Patong, the worst of it is easily avoided.

australia
reviews: 15
6. Re: is Kata suitable for families?

I have stopped in both and found Kata was the better beach as for restaurants I found the ones in either Kata or Karon (closer to the Karon circle) were all good but the ones in Karon central were more expensive. Stopped Karon Sea and Sands and Kata Palm in Kata. Both of these have pool access rooms which the kids find great fun as they could just have a swim anytime and parents could still see them. If going low season they aren't that much extra.

Perth, Australia
reviews: 37
7. Re: is Kata suitable for families?

Kata is suitable for families, couples, singles, cats and dogs. The girly bar concentrated area is pretty easy to avoid. There's plenty of restaurants, shops and activities around. (your kids might like Surf house tripadvisor.com.au/Attraction_Review-g121068… )

Cheers

Ferntree Gully...
reviews: 56
8. Re: is Kata suitable for families?

I agree with Fresh Prince !

9. Re: is Kata suitable for families?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 13, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Kata Beach