We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can you get a shared minibus from the airport to Kata ?

Which Kata Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
newcastle upon tyne
reviews: 99
Can you get a shared minibus from the airport to Kata ?

Both times I've been to Phuket, have stayed in Patong initially & been able to get a shared minibus from the airport.

I'm asssuming there are also shared minibuses running to Kata as well ?

Perth, Australia
reviews: 37
1. Re: Can you get a shared minibus from the airport to Kata ?

Yes there are but be prepared for that unscheduled stop at the booking agents office on the way to your accommodation.

Cheers.

newcastle upon tyne
2. Re: Can you get a shared minibus from the airport to Kata ?

Good to know, I think most people know about the unscheduled stop, which is really more for them to get the details of where people are staying, so they can plan the route they're going to take.

Perth, Australia
reviews: 37
3. Re: Can you get a shared minibus from the airport to Kata ?

Hi Jayne, the unscheduled stop is done for one reason and one reason only and that is to attempt to sell you and your travelling party, excursions, hotels, onward travel ect :)

Cheers

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 27
4. Re: Can you get a shared minibus from the airport to Kata ?

Saves u money but yes the stop is useless litrally stay in the minibus and theyre a ripoff and charge more. And want u to book tours for ur whole holiday with them. Ignoor it be polite and say sorry but ive booked them/ dont want trips/ or whatever your excuse may be.

Melbourne
reviews: 41
5. Re: Can you get a shared minibus from the airport to Kata ?

after 8ish hours travelling do you really want the hastle of sitting in a bus for that time when all you want to do is get to your hotel and relax. It is about 800 baht now to kata in a cab.

Sydney, Australia
6. Re: Can you get a shared minibus from the airport to Kata ?

Try 1200..... was more than 800 to patong and kata/karon is further..

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
reviews: 17
7. Re: Can you get a shared minibus from the airport to Kata ?

"Try 1200..... was more than 800 to patong and kata/karon is further.."

To Kata: metertaxi is 600, airport 'limousine' 800.

Sydney, Australia
8. Re: Can you get a shared minibus from the airport to Kata ?

Thats amazing i asked the two taxi services at phuket airport. Private taxi to patong beach was 800 baht. Or mini bus was 360baht for two adults.

And another guy was asking to kata beach and they said its further so more. I didnt go to kata so cant give a defo price. But all i can say is i thought kata was further down than patong. So realistically price is going to be more.

newcastle upon tyne
9. Re: Can you get a shared minibus from the airport to Kata ?

I'm quite happy to save 500/600 baht by spending an extra 10-30 mins (depending on who gets dropped off first) travelling in a mini-bus instead of a taxi. They both sit in the same traffic jam for 95% of the journey (which seemed even worse this year than 2012)

As for the stop, both times I've got the mini-bus, everybodys been back in the bus in 5 minutes, so don't think anyone booked expensive hotels, trips etc. I've never felt any pressure at all to book anything during the stop & wouldn't bother anyway.

Appreciate the advice though, hopefully useful to other people as well

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
reviews: 17
10. Re: Can you get a shared minibus from the airport to Kata ?

"Thats amazing i asked the two taxi services at phuket airport. Private taxi to patong beach was 800 baht. Or mini bus was 360baht for two adults. "

You're right, for 'limousine' service latest prices are 800 Baht to Patong and 1000 baht to Kata.

Metertaxi will be about 200 Baht cheaper.