We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Recommendations

Which Kata Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Arlington, VA
reviews: 42
Hotel Recommendations

My husband and I are traveling to Phuket at the end of February, and based on my research, I think the Kata area would be good for us to stay. However, I'm having difficulty making a decision about the hotel where we will stay. We are a couple in our late 20s and want a hotel that is walking distance to the beach, shops, and restaurants. I was considering the Metadee or the Avista, but have seen some negatives about both hotels based on reviews so I'm definitely open to other suggestions as well. Our budget is about $100-$200 per night. Any suggestions or input based on others' experiences would be greatly appreciated. Thanks you!!

Johannesburg
reviews: 30
1. Re: Hotel Recommendations

HI VAgirl stayed at Avista in November via a Crazy rate special on Asiatravle.com beautiful hotel and really great service, however on a bit of a hill it's ok going down but a little bit steep going up. Hotel does over a shuttle to and from the beach. I don't know the Metadee. Kata has 2 ends the top around Avista has lots of restaurants and shops and a little hilly but most of the hotels are a walk to the beach as Club Med takes up the whole beachfront.At the other end you will find Kata Beach Hotel, Mom Tri's ( high end budget) right on the beach . Then there is Kata Poolside and Sugar Palm( not bad for the price) across the road from the beach. Still a good number of restauarnts and shops at this end of the beach. The beach/ baht bus runs from outside Kata Beach Hotel to the other side of Kata Beach along the beach front to Karon and then into Phuket town. I prefer this end of the beach and catch a Tuk tuk into Patong if I want a night out on Bangla .

canary islands
reviews: 13
2. Re: Hotel Recommendations

Hiya, we also wanted a hotel like you describe & we stayed in Boomerang Village in March 2010, it was perfect. Very small only about 17 villas, small but perfect pool, no kids facilities so no kids running around splashing everyone. Just outside Kata up a short hill but within easy walking distance of shops, bars & restaurants. They'll bring you to the beach & pick you up if you ask. Hope you find somewhere.

CS

Penrith, Australia
3. Re: Hotel Recommendations

Hi

have a look t Kata Lucky Villas, you will not be disappointed, About $40/night with breakfast,/room

email them they are very accomadating.

If you decide tell the harry from Australia advised you.

Adelaide, Australia
4. Re: Hotel Recommendations

Have you checked out the Baray Villas at Sawasdee Village? Superb!! Check out the reviews!! Cheers, Lollygobble

5. Re: Hotel Recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:16 am, January 29, 2012