We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

live music and world cup football

Which Kata Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
wales
reviews: 23
live music and world cup football

hi all i going to kata in june staying at montris villa royale, can anybody help me , the world cup football is on, so anyone know good places to watch the football, and to be fair to my fiance she likes live music , so any suggestions would be apreciated.

its not a problem if we have to get tuk tuks.

melbourne
reviews: 1
1. Re: live music and world cup football

Molly Malones in Patong next to McDonalds will have it on. Also live music every night by a local band singing cover songs. They are quite good.

99Baht pints of chang for most of the day aswell as good breakfasts.

Dunedin, New Zealand
reviews: 6
2. Re: live music and world cup football

And if 'Mollies' does not work out, The Aussie Bar in Bangla will have it on for certain. Probably a different match on every screen - and they have several!

All a far cry from when we first went to Phuket in 1989! Even in the mid-90's, there were only a couple of places - in Patong, anyway - where you could catch 'live sport', The Islander Restaurant and a bar that stood about where the entrance to The Banthai now is. There may have been more but we did not find them!

Cheers!

Edited: 8:28 am, April 04, 2010
Dunedin, New Zealand
reviews: 6
3. Re: live music and world cup football

PS: would surpise though if you cannot find a bar (or something) with The World Cup on in Kata. Very surprised. Football is BIG in Thailand!

Norfolk, England
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, Batu Ferringhi, Chaweng, Ko Samui
reviews: 214
4. Re: live music and world cup football

Hi

You may find this recent thread a useful read.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297934-i13565-k…

Several places in Kata show 'live' football games. Not much in the way of live music, perhaps offer some shopping. They did have some live music at Mom Tri's Boathouse, a local band several times a week.

Patong is a good 25mins taxi / tuk tuk ride from the MTRV - cost around

400-600thb each way.

5. Re: live music and world cup football

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, October 02, 2010