We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ngan Pha tour - cheap but good tour operator

Which Kata Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Western Australia
reviews: 8
Ngan Pha tour - cheap but good tour operator

We are doing the Phi Phi island tour with Simba however also considering doing Phan Nga tour. Although we know Simba is very good, it's a bit pricey for two tours so we would like to know if it is worth considering other tour operators.

Which other tour operators would people consider and what price are they approximately? Would welcome details of experiences too.

Phuket Thailand
1. Re: Ngan Pha tour - cheap but good tour operator

Phang Nga Bay?

Western Australia
2. Re: Ngan Pha tour - cheap but good tour operator

Yes, I was going based on memory - oops!

scotland
reviews: 1
3. Re: Ngan Pha tour - cheap but good tour operator

Hey!

Im going to Kata on Thursday 15th April, staying at Peach Hill Resort.

I was thinking the same myself, some of these tour operators sound fantastic but the cost does add up. I came across this one which seems great value for money and have booked onto PP Island & Maya Bay & Kai Island;

www.jctour-phuket.com/similan_speed/price.php

Hope this of help!

Jakarta, Indonesia
reviews: 1
4. Re: Ngan Pha tour - cheap but good tour operator

I also look for affordable day tour to Khai, Maya Bay & PP as we'll stay on 2-5 April in Ibis Kata with children. Have submit booking for the tour to JCTour as your recommendation, hope they reply soon and hope it's good. Thanks

Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 37
5. Re: Ngan Pha tour - cheap but good tour operator

I did notice most tour operators in Karon and Kata recently were promoting afternoon trips to Phang Nga bay for under 800 baht. Cant comment on the trip though as I did not go!

Andy

eden australia
reviews: 14
6. Re: Ngan Pha tour - cheap but good tour operator

We booked from a stand on the side of the road in Patong, not knowing really what we were getting in for. The chief negotiator of the group bartered the price right down from what they were asking (canno0t actually remember the outcome) and we had a great day out. We went with Siam sea canoe or something like that. It was a speed boat but not one of the huge ones. We went to James Bond island, snorkelled, kayaked through the hongs and then stopped of at Kata Noi(?), one of the beautiful little islands, on the way back. We were entertained by a very amusing guide and his crew, and had a nice lunch out in the middle of nowhere. It was OK food, nothing to write home about.

It was one of my favourite days out in three trips to Thailand. I dont think you have to spend a fortune to enjoy this amazing country.

7. Re: Ngan Pha tour - cheap but good tour operator

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, September 21, 2010