We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

City Sightseeing Tour -HOHO Bus from January

Which Greater Johannesburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Edinburgh
reviews: 43
City Sightseeing Tour -HOHO Bus from January

Apologies if this has already been posted here but I was interested to read on a leaflet for the HOHO Cape Town bus tour last week that they are starting a similar tour in Johannesburg from January 2013. I think this a great step forward and will really help tourists in getting around the city. We spent a few days in Joburg a couple of weeks ago and had a brilliant time. We were struck by how friendly everyone was and really enjoyed seeing some of the city centre as well as the suburbs. Enjoyed visiting Newtown and Northcliff hill for the views! It seems such a shame that so many people pass this city by. I would also just add that we felt completely safe when we were in South Africa including in Johannesburg. Joburg seemed to have such a energetic, lively feel to it which I loved! Very different from Cape Town but well worth a visit

Ontario, CAN
reviews: 27
1. Re: City Sightseeing Tour -HOHO Bus from January

Thank you for this....hope it does come to fruition as we will be there in February, and have enjoyed many a trip on the HOHO in most cities. Appreciated your comments on Joburg as it is always mentioned as a place you can "skip"! We have time to take it in so we'll be there!

Johannesburg, South...
reviews: 27
2. Re: City Sightseeing Tour -HOHO Bus from January

Yayy!! Someone likes my town! Thank you, Anna:))

Looks like http://www.citysightseeing-joburg.co.za/ is the site to monitor re HOHO bus tours. That "official tour" designation seems to be self-applied though, but I don't suppose it really matters.

Johannesburg, South...
Destination Expert
for Johannesburg
reviews: 23
3. Re: City Sightseeing Tour -HOHO Bus from January

Its nice to find people who like Johannesburg, and feel safe here.

PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD.....

Johannesburg is NOT the murder capital of the world.

It comes in, quite a long way behind Cape Town, Baltimore, and New Orleans, for example

South Africa
reviews: 67
4. Re: City Sightseeing Tour -HOHO Bus from January

Yes, at last you have seen joburg. Good for you! a lot of people must drive by it and why??

I always tell everbody to vist this city too, that the city is not bad. And super that the HOHO bus is coming too in Joburg.

I for sure will make the tour too soon?

Annemieke

Owner of Thatch22, country guesthouse

Edited: 1:39 am, November 20, 2012
5. Re: City Sightseeing Tour -HOHO Bus from January

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 am, December 16, 2013