We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Well it's booked!!

Which Bandos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Leicester
reviews: 13
Well it's booked!!

Bandos 19th May. Our third time back to the Maldives and third different island.

We're taking our little one who will be 22 months by then and I'll be finishing off my PADI OW whilst there. Stopping off in Dubai for a couple of days to help break up the flights for Henry, but am dreading the almost back-to-back (bar the1 hour change over) on the way home!!

Gonna be unlike any other Maldives trip now we have to consider more than just me and 'er indoors but cannot wait.

Weather may be a bit hit n miss, but I'll be in the water for a couple of days so will be wet anyhow!

Just wanted to share! ;)

London, United...
reviews: 31
1. Re: Well it's booked!!

I bet he'll love it. Didn't you write on another thread that he was a Maldives honeymoon baby?

Leicester
2. Re: Well it's booked!!

Not a honeymoon as such (we're not married) but yes, he came back with us...

Can't wait til he's old enough to really appreciate it, but chances are that'll be the next time we can afford it (or not as the case may be given the way the prices are increasing!).

Either way we're itching to get back and it can't come soon enough!

London, United...
reviews: 31
3. Re: Well it's booked!!

Almost right! Have a great time.

Biggin Hill
reviews: 10
4. Re: Well it's booked!!

You will have a wonderful time, the dive centre have some wonderful instructors..... Enjoy!

We havent yet booked our flights for May, but we may cross over for a couple of days.

france
reviews: 35
5. Re: Well it's booked!!

Bandos was our sons first island - nearly 6 years later he still speaks about it !

I passed my ow at Bandos and have my certificate proudly displayed! Great dive centre.

If they still have the parachute thing (forgotten what you call it!) pulled by the speedboat you really should try that and take your camera for great aerial shots, I did this tandem with my son - he was 4 years old and was singing powerranger songs at the time - priceless memories - your little un still abit young! but I am sure you will really enjoy it.

Zuhair who worked at the watersports at the time now works for bestdives and he remembered us a couple of years later and has now also taught our boy to waterski.

you will have a wonderful time.....

Leicester
6. Re: Well it's booked!!

So my PADI OW Referral confined water dives are done. Get in!

All I need to do now is wait........and wait........and wait.

Is it May yet??

Kent, England
reviews: 45
7. Re: Well it's booked!!

No, it's still January!

Glad to hear you are taking the little one for his first taste of paradise, be really interested in what you think of the island as it'e one that pops up with some great prices!

Leicester
8. Re: Well it's booked!!

Yeah it came to mind as it ticked all our boxes and price was a bonus.

Her indoors wants speedboat transfer in case there are any issues with our little one that the onside doc can't.

I want a very good dive outfit for my OW cert and possibility of baby sitting in case we want a couple of drinks together one night.

Will have to see how it all adds up....!!

Oh and Cassie, parasailing! ;)

9. Re: Well it's booked!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 pm, January 09, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Bandos
Recent Conversations