We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi's to Skiathos Town?

Which Koukounaries hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lincoln
reviews: 19
Taxi's to Skiathos Town?

Hi All,

We have just booked to visit Skiathos for the first time, we have been to other Greek Islands but never here. We are booked to stay in Koukounaries, but I am wondering if anybody knows if there are Taxi's available in Koukounaries that will be able to take us to Skiathos Town?

I have seen posts about the bus, and I know that is cheaper and more frequent, but a couple of our party would prefer to take a taxi if possible. We would then catch a taxi back to the resort later in the evening.

Thanks in advance for any help, really appreciated!

Rob

wigan
reviews: 51
31. Re: Taxi's to Skiathos Town?

Hey love pefkos. I don,t live on the island like Ian does and he obviously sees more than me, but we stay in Troulos (9th time coming up) and we,ve never seen the drunken behaviour that you get in England on a weekend, despite getting late bus,s back from town. This is one of the things we so love about the place.

Just go and enjoy.

halifax
reviews: 77
32. Re: Taxi's to Skiathos Town?

Hi Rob just read your thread and felt that I must reply as we were there in September last year and did not encounter any problems on the buses.

We found it very easy getting a seat when leaving Koukanaries as first on bus.

We went into Town nearly everyday day and ate in the town on a couple of evenings

As we are much older than you we did not have to experience the last buses back as we preferred to leave early and finish off at our resort bar which was the Myrtia and there was ample going off there for us to enjoy.

Please don't be put off by the negative comments Skiathos is beautiful and Koukanaries beach is to die for.

If you like the late night clubs just take the bus there and taxi back as the buses are really cheap only about 2 or three euros and a really nice ride during the day all down the coast.

Enjoy

Sue

west mids
reviews: 11
33. Re: Taxi's to Skiathos Town?

buses were fantastic waiter waitress service ice drinks on tap all for the small fee of free everything was wonderful in skiathos is that the response u prefer

Morpeth...
reviews: 19
34. Re: Taxi's to Skiathos Town?

I'm sure everyone will agree that the whole point of a forum such as this one is to be able to post your own opinions and experiences so that others may learn from them. Which is exactly what has happened in this instance, and I very much appreciate ALL the responses to my post, irrespective of the fact that some of them were not particularly what I wanted to hear, they were all the truth as you see it.

So thank you again and I will continue to use this excellent forum in the future.

Edited: 5:53 am, February 24, 2013
west mids
reviews: 11
35. Re: Taxi's to Skiathos Town?

totally agree lovePefkos no point in using tripadvisor if people are not honest as much as i listen to peoples reccomendations and try them often more than not glad i did i also like to hear things i should be aware of which may be things id be keen to avoid

36. Re: Taxi's to Skiathos Town?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, March 01, 2014