We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anybody heard of Hector's Bar in Ipsos?

Which Ipsos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Great Dunmow...
Anybody heard of Hector's Bar in Ipsos?

Hi. I'm taking my husband to Corfu in September to mark the 20 year anniversary of our meeting there while on holiday in Ipsos (big secret if I can keep the kid's quiet!). We got chatting on the beach, but we shared our first kiss in Hector's Bar ('Shake Your Head' by Was Not Was was playing - how sad am I!).

I'm trying to find out if it's still there - it was definitely there in 2005.

Thanks to anyone who can help. Lisa.

Wirral
reviews: 16
1. Re: Anybody heard of Hector's Bar in Ipsos?

Sorry, can't help with your question but what a great story!

Me and my (now) husband where also in Ipsos in 1992 and had a brill first holiday together. Can't remember Hectors Bar though - too many c ocktails!

Would love to visit Ipsos again just to see what it is like now. It was a 'young and lifely' place in the early 90's but I don't think it is popular anymore with the young Brits.

It was a fab place back then! Hope you have a great holiday and trip down memory lane.

Edited: 2:02 pm, February 11, 2012
Cambridgeshire
2. Re: Anybody heard of Hector's Bar in Ipsos?

Hector is still in Ipsos, Hectors bar is now called Mojito's. His father used to own the little kiosk out the front where you could buy cigarettes and make a phone call. His father has sadly passed away now but Hectors daughter was working there when I last visited, Sadly Ipsos is not the place it was in those magical years of the late 80's early 90's and seems to be struggling a bit now. Thanks for a great story and enjoy your trip back to Corfu.

3. Re: Anybody heard of Hector's Bar in Ipsos?

Yes I worked at marabou bar 1993 and was workin in Corfu 1994 dsr40@ymail.com

Liverpool
reviews: 49
4. Re: Anybody heard of Hector's Bar in Ipsos?

Took a walk into Ipsos, from Dassia, this summer. I know the lively 18-30 crowd have now all moved to Kavos, so if that is what you are expecting you will be disappointed. However, I thought it was a pleasant little resort, certainly compared to Dassia, with a nice promenade and a decent choice of bars/tavernas, and like Dassia it is close to the lovely Corfu town, for regular visits

thetford
reviews: 2
5. Re: Anybody heard of Hector's Bar in Ipsos?

i worked in chaplins bar , ipsos in 92 , great memories !

Corfu, Greece
6. Re: Anybody heard of Hector's Bar in Ipsos?

...Now Mojito's Bar, will open in June probably like 2012 season.

wellington
reviews: 51
7. Re: Anybody heard of Hector's Bar in Ipsos?

Did you find it? we were also planning on a return trip this year from NZ for our 25 wedding anniversary and we also met in Hectors bar in 1986! I still have the Hectors bar Tshirt that I got that night! Was it worth the trip?

London, United...
8. Re: Anybody heard of Hector's Bar in Ipsos?

Hi,

Can't remember Hectors, went to Ipsos in 86, brilliant time. We went with 18-30's and stayed in the hotel that was directly behind the jetty. Most of the time it felt like a daze, remember Moon's disco, beach party in Sidari and three legged mixed doubles pub crawl through Corfu town! Just now and again it would be nice to go back to those times, no worries and Happy Days.

9. Re: Anybody heard of Hector's Bar in Ipsos?

Yes I worked at marabou bar 1993 and hectors bar was still there and I worked for him and he only had one leg 😳😳😳 happy days

10. Re: Anybody heard of Hector's Bar in Ipsos?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 17, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Ipsos
Recent Conversations