We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beltsios Stds..questions

Which Troulos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
newcastle
reviews: 3
Beltsios Stds..questions

More or less decided on Beltsios Stds. for 2013, but need some help from anyone who has stayed there. Firstly, what is the nearest bus stop number & how far from the Beltsios? and how far to the nearest supermarket? (thinking of how heavy water is to carry) I am a bit confused (after reading reviews) about how far away the beach is, some say 3 minutes walk, and others say 10 minutes, can anyone confirm how far it really is. Are hairdryers supplied? to save me packing mine. Are any rooms/views better than others? Is the pool bar area a social place for evenings? And can anyone suggest the best place for breakfasts, do enjoy a long lazy fry up on holiday, best way to start the day. And finally, i keep reading about the Frog bar, whats that all about? Hoping someone can answer my questions, many thanks in advance.

Lancaster
reviews: 10
1. Re: Beltsios Stds..questions

Hi Ginbob,

Right, to the answers. Nearest bus stop is number 20, which is Troulos beach, which is about a 3 - 4 minute walk along a small lane to the Beltsios. At this bus stop is the nearest supermarket and also the famous Frog bar, which is only open late afternoon and evening. Good place to stop for a beer on the way back from the beach, or whilst waiting for the bus.

If you walk past the bus stop, across the main road, down another small road, this will take you to the beach, in about 2 minutes from the bus stop, so you are not very far at all from the sea.

To be honest I don't think that you will get hairdryers in any studio's in Skiathos, there certainly weren't any when I stayed at the Beltsios in 2005. I do remember the pool bar being fairly lively though of an evening, so you won't go too far wrong there.

We stayed in a 2 bedded studio, which was on the 2nd floor I think, and had a pool view. I think most of the rooms are the same, so you should be OK there.

You will be able to get breakfast there, but if it's not to your liking there is the Boudouriani, which is my second home, they do a cracking "Full English". To get to the Boudouriani, walk up the lane towards the beach, turn left on the main road, and Boudouriani is 100yards past the petrol station on the right. It's not a bad spot for an evening drink too, the crack round the bar is pretty good. Or as an alternative there is the greek breakfast option, which is two ciggies and a coffee! :)

Well I think that's all your questions answered, if you have any more, ask away! Just a small tip, take a torch with you of an evening, the lane that the Beltsios is on is not that well lit from memory, but there is always the chance that they have replaced the streetlight bulb in the last 7 years since I stopped there!

Have a great trip!

newcastle
reviews: 3
2. Re: Beltsios Stds..questions

Many thanks Lancasterkebabman for your full & speedy reply. It sounds like the perfect place for us.

portsmouth
reviews: 31
3. Re: Beltsios Stds..questions

LK has answered all your questions so I will just add, stayed at Beltsios last year and would go again any time. No hairdryers but lovely clean rooms. Nearly booked a last minute there last week actually but have opted for Elounda instead.

Enjoy!

wigan
reviews: 51
4. Re: Beltsios Stds..questions

Hi ginbob. Christakis is the place for a full English in Troulos. No contest!!!

5. Re: Beltsios Stds..questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, August 15, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Troulos
Recent Conversations