We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any advice would be appreciated

Which Kato Stalos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Nottingham
reviews: 15
Any advice would be appreciated

Hi Thinking of going to Rouladina apartments, anyone been who can give advice. We need a place for 6 near the sea and some where we can walk out at night have a meal and a few drinks, with a bit of life, but not 18-30 type of a place. Is it possible to walk to other nearby sea side towns or is it too far. We would like to visit Chania and I think this is possible by bus? we would hire a car for a few days to explore a little more but don't want to have to rely on a car for the whole of the holiday, so need things to be close by so we can easily walk to tavernas etc. Can anyone tell me does Stalos have enough places to eat somewhere different each night for 2 weeks.

Would appreciate any advice on the local area etc and are open to other suggestions of places to stay.

Thanks Donna

6 replies to this topic
Stockport, United...
reviews: 13
1. Re: Any advice would be appreciated

Hi,

Chania is easy to get to on the bus..takes about 20 mins and is a couple of euros. Loads of places to eat in Kato Stalos. You must try Markos one evening the food there is amazing. There is no menu but you get taken into the kitchen and you can select from a choice of home cooked food. We tend to stay just around Kato Stalos area but Agia Marina is in walking distance. Kato Stalos is a lovely place with a great beach.

2 more sleeps for us and we will be there! a week of lazing on the beach and eating fab food!

oxford
reviews: 23
2. Re: Any advice would be appreciated

There is enough to do in Stalos and probably enough for you there , You will probably end up finding somewhere you like and eating there a few times anyway, probably a little more lively is Platanias just up the Road. Taxis between the two or into Chania won't be too much anyway.

During the day there are regular buses along the main road between Kisasmos and Chania until about 9pm.

Agia Marina is about 2km away with Chania about 10km

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
reviews: 61
3. Re: Any advice would be appreciated

Agia Marina is definitely walkable. The bus service is very good, till 11pm every night, and hourly all night on Fridays and Saturdays! There is also a limited bus service between Chania and Pano Stalos, as I can see that your accommodation is a bit inland and may be near the old village.

bus-service-crete-ktel.com/timetabledet.php…

Main timetable about the middle of the page, night buses and Pano Stalos near the bottom.

Nottingham
reviews: 15
4. Re: Any advice would be appreciated

Hi

Thanks everyone for all the quick replies, seems the place to go for us, think I need to get booking quick.

Hope you have a great holiday dew1neter, sounds great just relaxing on the beach, beats work any day lol

Thanks again to you all

Donna

oxford
reviews: 23
5. Re: Any advice would be appreciated

Oh yeah Steve forgot about the buses through the night. Been a few years since we have stayed down that end.

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
reviews: 61
6. Re: Any advice would be appreciated

I think they might only have started last year.

Reply to: Any advice would be appreciated
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kato Stalos