We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Freelance Holidays

Which Stalos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Carshalton, United...
reviews: 4
Freelance Holidays

Has anybody booked a apartment with them what was it like.

10 replies to this topic
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Crete
reviews: 10
1. Re: Freelance Holidays

We had 15 years of experience with Freelance Holidays before we began travelling independently, and was always happy with them. If you are thinking of booking with them, I don't think you'll be disappointed. They're a small independent firm, they care about their customers' needs, they're reliable, and their descriptions and photos are in my experience truthful and accurate. Their representatives in Crete have always been helpful when help has been needed.

Give them a call and talk to them about any property you're interested in: you'll find them knowledgeable and helpful.

Edited: 3:15 am, February 28, 2013
Carshalton, United...
reviews: 4
2. Re: Freelance Holidays

What is the weather like in early October and will we be troubled by Mozzies ?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Crete
3. Re: Freelance Holidays

Early October can be lovely: still warm but no longer hot, and probably mostly sunny. You may need a jacket for the cooler evenings, and you may get a couple of cloudy days and maybe a little rain. But it should be mostly fine.

The mosquito question is best answered by yourself. There shouldn't be many about, but if mosquitos like you, they'll find you; so take repellant just in case.

You're welcome, by the way.

Edited: 12:46 pm, February 28, 2013
Selby, United...
reviews: 90
4. Re: Freelance Holidays

We used Freelance for an apartment booking in Paleochora and were very pleased with them. As previously posted everything was as described and there was lots of information in the apartment regarding trips our, recommended tavernas and stuff. We would definitely use them again.

Enjoy, Jean

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Crete
5. Re: Freelance Holidays

My little bit of good-humoured sarcasm above didn't register, so I'll try a more direct approach.

Hello, John44, are you still there?

If you are, wouldn't it be nice to drop in and say "thank you" to the posters, including myself, who have given their time to answer your questions on this and your other thread?

Hello?

Edited: 2:57 am, March 01, 2013
Devizes, United...
reviews: 309
6. Re: Freelance Holidays

Don't hold your breath Alabastron, it's not in his nature to say "thanks" judging by his previous posts.

London, United...
reviews: 3
7. Re: Freelance Holidays

I booked with Freelance, for the first time, this year. I've always been an independent traveller, especially to my intended destination, Crete - an island that I've been visiting since the eighties. Fair to say that I do know the island very well.

I'd normally fly out, rent a car and would have sourced accomodation myself - sometimes in ads, eventually on-line and often on arrival. Usually private bookings, not through a company.

This year, however, I was taking my sister out for her first ever time in Greece. We talked around and she reminded me of how I've raved about Crete, over the years, so what started as a long weekend in Athens became a week in Crete.

On-line, I checked out dozens and dozens of properties, mainly indie but some with the smaller companies. I kept getting drawn back to the Rouladina Apartments in Kato Stalos, near my very favourite city of Chania. The apartments looked ideal, the reviews were excellent and they were almost exactly where I'd have chosen to be. I've done a review of Rouladina and we were in Apartment 5.

It was with a company that I knew of, but had never had any dealings with - Freelance Holidays. They seemed to be a very enthusiastic and knowledgeable 'indie'.

A bit of background reading, contact made and booking done. All with a minimum fuss, all questions answered and good local knowledge very obvious, in our email exchanges. Ahead of travelling out we received very comprehensive instructions, maps and other info.

On travelling through to Kato Stalos, we found the apartment very easily, thanks to the map and very clear directions provided. I have covered the fabulously warm Cretan welcome we received on arrival, from the apartment owners (Dimitra and Manolis) in my Rouladina review. And? Everything was as advertised, except forthe owners - they were even lovelier. The apartment was top notch and Freelances local manager Diana had put together a virtual book about the island, the locality, the sights, the food - I coud go on but suffice to say that, even someone like me, who knows the island very well found it most interesting and useful. My sister found it a great source of information to bounce ideas off me from.

Well, we had a great introduction to Freelance - your great, indy, friendly, effcient company. The kind of firm that we shoud be spending our money with as they realy do care and nobody's just a number to them.

Excellent value for money, as well. So much so, that I'm heading back to Rouladina - with Freelance - next year. Booked yesterday and made a coupe of 'bloomers' in the on-line booking. E-mail to Freelance, sorted out and no extra charge for putting it right! A change from certain, money-grabbing airlines and travel companies. I can't recommend them enough, so don't be one of the sheep, ditch the 'biggies' and give our indies a try. You'll won't regret it.

8. Re: Freelance Holidays

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 7:35 am, October 18, 2013

9. Re: Freelance Holidays

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 7:35 am, October 18, 2013

Devizes, United...
reviews: 309
10. Re: Freelance Holidays

I see that john44 never did have the good grace to say a "thank you" for the help Alabastron and Selebian offered freely. Looking back at some older threads, I also helped him considerably and he never bothered then either.

Edited: 5:47 am, October 18, 2013
Reply to: Freelance Holidays
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Stalos