We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buses from Chania Airport to Cretan Dream Royal, Kato Stalos

Which Kato Stalos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Surbiton, United...
reviews: 1
Buses from Chania Airport to Cretan Dream Royal, Kato Stalos

We are very excited to be taking our first trip to Crete on 24th October.

Unfortunately, the holiday we have booked does not include a transfer from the airport to the hotel.

We are due to arrive at 21.15 and were wondering whether it would be possible to take a bus at that time? Or would we be better off getting a taxi at the airport?

11 replies to this topic
Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
reviews: 59
1. Re: Buses from Chania Airport to Cretan Dream Royal, Kato Stalos

It is possible, but depending on how long/short a time it takes to get your luggage it might involve a wait, and definitely a bus change in Chania.

The last bus from the airport, and the only feasible one for you, is currently showing as 2240:

bus-service-crete-ktel.com/timetabledet.php…

That is supposed to take 30 minutes, so wouldn't connect with the 2300 bus to Stalos, but you would be in time for the 2330:

bus-service-crete-ktel.com/timetabledet.php…

(Note there are 2 timetables including Stalos, the Kolibari and Gerani ones. Ignore Pano Stalos, that is the old village inland)

Total cost for the 2 buses is about €4 per person.

Or you could get a taxi, cost showing here as €39:

www.chaniataxi.gr/gtaxi/index.php…

My concern would be that by the time you go, one or both of those late buses may have been withdrawn. My advice would be to take the hit of the taxi, you will arrive much more quickly even though it would cost you about €30 more, but I suppose if you are a bit late and don't get out of the airport till 2230 or so it could make sense to get the bus. Your call, naturally.

Surbiton, United...
reviews: 1
2. Re: Buses from Chania Airport to Cretan Dream Royal, Kato Stalos

Thanks for the quick reply, Steve.

Looks like a taxi might be the best bet. Don't want to get the holiday off on the wrong foot.

Cheers, Rob

Naas, Ireland
reviews: 4
3. Re: Buses from Chania Airport to Cretan Dream Royal, Kato Stalos

hi all making our first trip to crete please advise about best place close to chania airport

for 2 young at hearth seniors. what is best apartment or hotel. transport from airport .mosquitos

problems.we hope to go 20/30 th September 2014 like to snorkel

Edited: 4:39 pm, March 20, 2014
Belfast, United...
reviews: 10
4. Re: Buses from Chania Airport to Cretan Dream Royal, Kato Stalos

Whistleblower, have you tried contacting the hotel that you are staying in to see if they would send someone to pick you up? They may well do it at a lesser price than a taxi, as part of the service. It's a few quid in their pocket and you would agree a price by e-mail in advance so you would know exactly how much it was going to cost.

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
5. Re: Buses from Chania Airport to Cretan Dream Royal, Kato Stalos

baddersgirl, Warning, old post alert (2012)!!

noelNaas, your best choice depends on whether you want to stay in Chania Town or one of the beach resorts to the west (like, for instance, Kato Stalos above). Personally, for a beach resort my choice would be Agia Marina, which is about 6 miles from Chania, all transport links as above - it's a mile from Kato Stalos. Agii Apostoloi gets lots of good recommendations - it's a bit nearer to Chania.

Note the timetables currently showing are the winter ones, and will update and become more frequent as the year progresses. I believe that the airport buses are timed to coincide with the RA flights, which I presume will be your airline.

I don't think mosquitoes are a big problem in the Chania area, though of course they are always around. Use a plug-in in your room, and repellent when you are outside at night.

Naas, Ireland
reviews: 4
6. Re: Buses from Chania Airport to Cretan Dream Royal, Kato Stalos

ty steven for your reply we have been on many holidays and this is our 1st to Greece

im now looking forward to booking a hotel or apartment flying from Dublin the only

airline available to us is Ryanair regards noel

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
7. Re: Buses from Chania Airport to Cretan Dream Royal, Kato Stalos

I only wish Ryanair flew from Manchester to Chania! We have a pitiful choice at very high prices.

Have a great time, and if you need any more info, just ask.

Edited: 9:48 am, March 21, 2014
Selby, United...
reviews: 76
8. Re: Buses from Chania Airport to Cretan Dream Royal, Kato Stalos

Hi Steve_p53

You are so lucky living so close to an airport but have you not thought about making the trip over the pennines to LeedsBradford Airport? It really would not take much more than an hour and is a much less stressful experience than Manchester. Ryanair's flight to Chania is early Saturday morning and gets you there in plenty of time for onward travel.

It's a no brainer for us living in Selby and we did it last year using the bus to get to Georgioupolis.

Cheers, Jean

Selby, United...
reviews: 76
9. Re: Buses from Chania Airport to Cretan Dream Royal, Kato Stalos

As a p.s. I,ve just checked and didn't realise there is also a Wednesday flight to Chania but it doesn't get there until 20.45. Arrives back in Leeds at 23.45.

Jean

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
10. Re: Buses from Chania Airport to Cretan Dream Royal, Kato Stalos

Thanks Jean.

Yes, I have considered it, and will probably use it one day. Until about 6 months ago, I would never have chosen RA, but I was converted by a flight to Majorca.

I suppose living so close to Manchester airport means I do tend to not consider any other airports, but maybe it's time to change that!

Edited: 6:31 am, March 26, 2014
Reply to: Buses from Chania Airport to Cretan Dream Royal, Kato Stalos
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kato Stalos