We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Heraklion Airport to Cretan Dream Royal Hotel

Which Stalos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow, United...
reviews: 23
From Heraklion Airport to Cretan Dream Royal Hotel

We are due to fly into Heraklion Airport and are booked to stay at the Cretan Dream Royal Hotel. I relaise that this is less than ideal as I beleive it is a two hour trip. We really don't want to hire a car. We aren't on a package deal and taxis we have tried to book online are asking for up to 300 euros! No deal! Any ideas or suggestions?

sligo
1. Re: From Heraklion Airport to Cretan Dream Royal Hotel

Hi,

Are you arriving too late for the last bus that the taxi is realy the only option?

bus-service-crete-ktel.com/timetabledet.php…

The price does seem very high, that said, after you add on the extras it still looks like you could end up paying around 200 euros each way according to this tariff.

…blogspot.com/2010/04/taxi-fares-in-chania-2…

Have you tried contacting your hotel; they may have a regular service. If they cannot help you might contact Maria directly, she has contact details on her blog.

Bobo

Glasgow, United...
reviews: 23
2. Re: From Heraklion Airport to Cretan Dream Royal Hotel

Thanks so much for the ideas.

I have contacted the hotel and am awaiting a reply.

We'll look into the bus as a last resort. I have used the bus system in Heraklion and they were great, but we only had 20 minute trips to Ammoudara.

Someone told me it's possible to jump on a package holiday coach at the airport if you book in advance and it's very reasonable. I've searched online but can't seem to find an appropriate link.

Has anyone heard of this before?

Edited: 4:02 pm, June 29, 2010
3. Re: From Heraklion Airport to Cretan Dream Royal Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, December 27, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Stalos