We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Princess Gems or somewhere to guy good jewellery

Which Beruwala hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
reviews: 48
Princess Gems or somewhere to guy good jewellery

Hi. Hi, I know this qu. has kind of been answered before but can I just clarify where the Princess Gems shop is (seems to be the place that people recommend for jewellery)? Is is a short tuk tuk ride from Berulwela? I want to get a sapphire ring but don't want to get home and found I've bought a peice of expensive glass!!!

Many thanks in advance guys...

Aluthgama, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Bentota, Beruwala, Sri Lanka
reviews: 7
1. Re: Princess Gems or somewhere to guy good jewellery

Hi,

Princess Gems is in the lane leading from Galle Road to Lanka Princess Hotel. It's lane after the lane leading to Eden Resort & Spa in direction towards Aluthgama.

Don't bring a tuk tuk driver or beach boy as he will get commission of you shopping.

Hans

UK
2. Re: Princess Gems or somewhere to guy good jewellery

Thanks Hans. So it's walking distance from Eden?

Aluthgama, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
3. Re: Princess Gems or somewhere to guy good jewellery

Hi again,

From Eden it's walking up to Galle Road, turn right along Galle Road, take first lane on the right. Princess Gems is about 100 m down the lane on the left side. So 5 min walk, 10 min stroll from Eden.

Hans

Edited: 9:56 am, March 29, 2010
UK
4. Re: Princess Gems or somewhere to guy good jewellery

Thanks Hans - you are a star. Looks like it is going to be very easy to part with my money!

Aluthgama, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
5. Re: Princess Gems or somewhere to guy good jewellery

You will pass 2 reputed jewellers on your way from Eden to Princess Gems - Muthumuni and Ayesha (also a good restaurant and pub). Always a good idea to compare prices.

Do a search in the forum to find what you have to be careful about buying gems.

Hans

Edited: 10:22 am, March 29, 2010
Exeter, United...
reviews: 179
6. Re: Princess Gems or somewhere to guy good jewellery

Hi Jubilee,

Just a tip - I bought a beautiful sapphire & diamond braclet from Princess Gems last October. Don't forget to barter and go shopping with a very good idea of what you want. The jeweller will show you many, many variations on a theme & will offer to make you something individual! They will also want payment in GBP usually by credit card. You will also receive a certificate of authenticity. I was very impressed with their service.

On speaking to english friends, they bought jewellery from Ayesha & were equally pleased.

Enjoy your trip!

Kat35

UK
7. Re: Princess Gems or somewhere to guy good jewellery

Thanks Kat, wasn't sure if bartering was allowed in shops as oppose to just street stalls so tips noted. Am very excited as I am buying the equivalent of an eternitycommitment ring so will hopefully be something I will wear on my finger for a long time! Three weeks to go - yipee!

London
reviews: 1
8. Re: Princess Gems or somewhere to guy good jewellery

if you wnt to buy a gem in sri lanka better you cahck it and get certification from gem &jewlery exchange @collpetty.It won't cost you (only 300-400 rs) but you will know that you got the right one.

9. Re: Princess Gems or somewhere to guy good jewellery

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:25 pm, September 14, 2010
10. Re: Princess Gems or somewhere to guy good jewellery

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, September 28, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Beruwala
Recent Conversations