We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Loutro to Paleohora to Chania

Which Loutro hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 7
Loutro to Paleohora to Chania

Hi we are spending a week in Loutro in october. I've been before and came via chora sfakia and Chania. I would like to this time come a different way. get the bus from chania to paleohora and then ferry to loutro. The ferry from paleohora doesn't seem to stop in loutro after ag. roumeli and the ferry from ag roumeli to loutro leaves before the one from paleo would get there. Is there a water taxi we could use instead to get to loutro from ag roumeli? Much appreciate any advice to come my way :)

11 replies to this topic
Agii Apostoli...
reviews: 43
11. Re: Loutro to Paleohora to Chania

Hi,

Since you are travelling in mid october you can hike through the Samaria gorge, stay in Agia Roumeli and then Hike again to Loutro. The path is wonderfull , you will see the old chapel of Ayios Pavlos (11 th century), the pine forest and then the wildness of the south coast. You can stop to Marmara to eat at the canteen, an incredible canteen with high quality of products and at Lykos for a goat milk ice cream...Then you will arrive to Loutro. Even if the weather is cooler in october it's better to leave in the morning. You can do 6 hours or more depending on the stops for swimming and eating. I did it last year because the boat wasn't leaving and the colors were incredibles with the cloudy sky. In Ayia Roumeli, a small paradise when the last boat leaves, there are plenty accomdations.

The choice of Omalos is also a good choice. Mountaineering ambiance, and the owners will help you to find a way to continue your journey in any case (if Samaria is closed or not). Last year Samaria closed around 20 of October because of the earthquake and the weather.From Omalos you can also visit the Kallergi Refugee for a day excursion.

One way or the other the people of Omalos could help you in any case, their hospitality is great!

Reply to: Loutro to Paleohora to Chania
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Loutro