We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st timer where best to stay

Which Saint Philip hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
West Yorkshire
reviews: 10
1st timer where best to stay

Myself and the mrs are thinking of booking a week in June.

Where is bes t to stay I would like to stay close to an area where the local bars n restraunts are where we can walk out or take a taxi.

Thinking of the Grand Pineapple would this be ok?

Thanks

UK/Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
reviews: 69
1. Re: 1st timer where best to stay

There's pretty much nothing else around Pineapple - one (nice) restaurant at the other end of the beach, one (daytime only) above the beach and a beach bar of sorts (daytime only again), so if you want to get off resort a bit, it's not a good option. Same goes for Verandah.

If you want to be able to do this kind of thing, you need to be either in the Jolly Beach area, or Dickenson Bay, which is also nearer to town.

Jolly Beach Resort or Halcyon Cove would both be in the same price range (or perhaps a little cheaper) than Pineapple on a package from the UK.

West Yorkshire
2. Re: 1st timer where best to stay

Thanks very much for your help, The beach and sea seem to be good at the Pineapple, the Jolly beach doesnt have good reviews and looks a bit dated.

How much is a taxi from the pineapple - Town

Thanks

Bromsgrove, United...
reviews: 57
3. Re: 1st timer where best to stay

Cousey - If you meant St Johns the capital as 'town' then you will do well to beat a $60 return fare, organised by the reliable beach vendors at GPB. It would be $80 if organised through the hotel.

From what I saw most taxi trips were around this price.

We had a great evening at Nelsons dockyard.The town/area beforethe dockyardt ( Falmouth area I think)had loads of barsloads of bars/restaurants.

West Yorkshire
4. Re: 1st timer where best to stay

Thanks buddy.

Just dont know which hotel, Grand Pineapple or the Jolly Beach, Grand Pineapple looks a lot nicer on the website than Jolly beach

CORNWALL
reviews: 6
5. Re: 1st timer where best to stay

Are you stuck on an all-inclusive resort?

Niagara Falls...
reviews: 111
6. Re: 1st timer where best to stay

I stayed at the GPB and we rented a car, I would h ighly recommend the west side of the island, lots to do & Jolly beach was a way better beach IMO. Lots close by too!

CORNWALL
reviews: 6
7. Re: 1st timer where best to stay

I agree with barjil! My husband and I stayed at GPB last Feb/Mar for 6 nights and spent the other 8 nights in a Jolly Harbour Villa and Dickenson Bay Cottages. Much prefer the west side. We are returning next month and will stay at a Jolly Harbour Villa and Dickenson Bay Cottages again. If you can live without the All-Inclusive feature, I would highly recommend this route!

8. Re: 1st timer where best to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 am, January 08, 2013