We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Pineapple Resort-Transportation

Which Saint Philip hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Canada
reviews: 244
Grand Pineapple Resort-Transportation

Does this hotel have a shuttle bus that can take you to and from the airport?. Also do they run a shuttle bus to and from the town or must I take a cab from the airport and to and from the town?

thanks in advance! I am leaving next month for this place!

Bromsgrove, United...
reviews: 49
1. Re: Grand Pineapple Resort-Transportation

CT - Speaking from a UK perspective nearly all holiday packages come with travel agent transportation from the airport to the hotel, and return.

Independently booked flights are different.

I would guess that if you havent't already got a transfer then you will have to get a taxi (The taxis are fixed fare from the airport and I think it is $28 USD one way.

The hotel doesn't have a shuttle, nor would I use the taxis they organise....arrange one off the vendors on the beach they are about 30 - 40% cheaper.They are safe to use and all taxis bear the number (licence) plate TX

Ontario
reviews: 20
2. Re: Grand Pineapple Resort-Transportation

same in Canada -- if you bought an all inclusive pkg (Air Canada Vacations? , Transat Holidays doesn't start going to Antigua til December) then Air Canada Vacations pkg includes transportation.

If you didn't buy a tour operator's pkg, then you will have to hire a taxi.

Google Antiguanice , great website for tourist info, including taxi rates.

Your pkg also probably includes departure tax - one less line for you to stand in at the airport when you depart -- we flew with Transat and our departure tax was paid -- but have some money just in case (I don't know how much it is ) -- or confirm with your tour operator.

Canada
3. Re: Grand Pineapple Resort-Transportation

Thanks for all the info truly appreciated. I booked it on expedia but it is an air canada vacation all inclusive package. How do I go about finding the transportation information that you say is included? I went to air canada and it said transportation is included but do they give you details on where to pick it up at the aiport and what van you will be in etc?

Thanks again!

Columbus, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Anguilla, Antigua
reviews: 39
4. Re: Grand Pineapple Resort-Transportation

You simply go out of the arrivals and across the road is the taxi dispatcher stand. They will appoint the designated transport for you.

As for taxis from the hotel, all prices are fixed. If it's a tour and you book through the hotel, that may be a different story.

Regards

Mark

Ontario
5. Re: Grand Pineapple Resort-Transportation

believe me - you will have no trouble finding your way -- it is a small airport, and when you exit it go to your left like photoman (post above) mentioned - you won't see big buses -- more like mini passenger vans - there will be lots of staff there - just tell them where you are staying and that you are with Air Canada Vacations and they will direct you.

I can't say enough about how helpful the staff are -- when we flew in last March we were really late (hours !! ) so our arranged taxi wasn't there - we had his number but no phone -- the staff were super nice to us - directed us to a police officer who told my husband to go in their office at the airport and use the phone -- we could have grabbed another taxi but wanted to see if we could get hold of our friend first -- and we did., and while we waited the airport staff came and checked if we had reached our friend, had a drive coming, etc. --- they were super nice !!

Edited: 2:56 pm, August 04, 2011
Canada
6. Re: Grand Pineapple Resort-Transportation

Thanks very much everyone for all the info.

I hear the locals are super nice but I heard from others that in the marketplace and downtown the local vendors are very aggressive.Is this true?

I'm going with my sister and am a young woman in my 20's is it safe for women to walk out in night downtown ?

Thanks

Edited: 4:59 pm, August 04, 2011
Ontario
7. Re: Grand Pineapple Resort-Transportation

Don't worry about the vendors -- just give them a big smile and a polite response and move on ; some of the vendors on the beaches are a hoot ! and lovely people to talk to. I didn't find the vendors on the beaches pushy.

I found the ones in St. John's a little more so - but perhaps 'pushy' is the wrong word --- at home we 'window shop' a lot -- just look and no one talks to us much--- they will talk to you in Antigua ! and we aren't used to that.

As for going out at night -- I would re-post that as a new thread to ask the question -- and give a little more info -- do you mean going out to dinner or are you looking for night-life ?

have a great time - we love Antigua and are going back for Christmas with our son and his girlfriend

Canada
8. Re: Grand Pineapple Resort-Transportation

Thanks for the info sounds great! Have a great xmas break there :)

UK
reviews: 4
9. Re: Grand Pineapple Resort-Transportation

If you are staying at GP then I doubt you will be in St John's at night. There is very little if anything for most tourist to be found in town at night, and I would not recommend you going there with your sister. If you are looking for evening entertainment you would be better going to Shirley Heights, followed by a visit to English Harbour area where there are a lot of restaurants and bars in the season, and a lot safer for a couple of girls. However if you are there over the summer that area is very quiet.

Canada
10. Re: Grand Pineapple Resort-Transportation

Thank you very much you answered my question and I really appreciate the advice and information. It was exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks again.