We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

long stay

Which Cape Panwa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
dorset
reviews: 9
long stay

Hi we are staying at Davina beach homes in Dec till March. any tips on the cheapest way to eat for this length of time. Any suggestion for what to do. never been to Phuket before so would be grateful for all advice. We are early 60s like the beach snorkelling and walking (not to far!)

Many thanks Caz

7 replies to this topic
Melb
1. Re: long stay

Hi, simple answer is where the locals do. Western is more expensive. Can I ask what visa you are using for that length of stay?

Shway

Melb
2. Re: long stay

For your visa please check out

http://www.thaiembassyuk.org.uk/?q=node/188

If you are on a UK passport you are Tourist Visa Exemption number 40.

The Thai government is serious about their visas. Check the site and your travel agent if you are using one.

Also in the FAQs on this site is this link.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g293915-c131672/Thail…

shway

Edited: 3:24 am, February 24, 2014
Jakarta, Indonesia
reviews: 13
3. Re: long stay

The cheapest to eat, in most locals eat :)

Patong is quite expensive.. But when i was there, i bought food in Banzaan Market (first floor), its only 30-50baht.

Jakarta, Indonesia
reviews: 13
4. Re: long stay

U can visit Big Buddha, it has a beautiful view..

Maybe u can visit Kata Viewpoint, Watchalong Temple or another temples because there is a lot of temples there.

If u like to go snorkeling, u can go to Phiphi island or raacha island too. and dont forget to bring a bread for feeding the fish :))

or maybe u can go to similan island, its national park, the beach is beautiful and crystal clear water. and its only open in a peak season

Chiang Mai, Thailand
5. Re: long stay

Caz,

I know the area as I used to sail at Ao Yon bay just around the corner from Davina. It is on a headland to the SE of Phuket and well away from amenities and restaurants. You will need transport but the local taxis are notorious for over charging with many complaints being addressed by Consular officials. Of course you could rent transport yourselves but be aware Thai roads are the 2nd most dangerous in the world.

Are you staying 3 months or more and if you are did you get the 30% discount as advertised on the rate page of their website, ie for Davina Garden TBH 49,000 *30% = THB34,300?

dorset
6. Re: long stay

Hi Paul yes we got the reduction on the apartment thank you. We were thinking of hiring mopeds or bicycles for transport, what is your opinion on that? I thought we could walk to next town/village in 15mins, is this not so?

dorset
7. Re: long stay

Thank you for your visa advice and I have checked it out and can get a 90 day visa at a cost ( I think £50)

Reply to: long stay
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted