We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hansar or Zazen?

Which Bophut hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pune
reviews: 6
Hansar or Zazen?

Hi Guys, I am planning to come to Samui for my Honeymoon and finding it difficult to choose between Hansar and Zazen.

Could anyone please, who has stayed at both, help me with the pros and cons of both? Would be very helpful.

Thanks v much!

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 139
1. Re: Hansar or Zazen?

We haven' t stayed in either but have visited both and have had a fabulous dinner at the Zazen. They are both fabulous places but the difference is the size, the Hansar has 74 rooms and the Zazen only 26 rooms so it's a more intimate atmosphere where all the staff know your name, when we had dinner we asked how many staff there were and they told us 115 work there so for 26 rooms the service has to be pretty incredible, but having said that sometimes people don't like service to be over the top and people always hovering around them, another factor could be cost, we only had a drink at lunchtime at the pool bar at the Hansar but it was definitely a lot cheaper than the Zazen. I think you have to decide if you prefer a bigger or smaller hotel.

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 139
2. Re: Hansar or Zazen?

I've only just noticed that this is your first post so maybe you haven't checked out the reviews for both hotels in the hotel section, click on Bophut hotels here on the left to read other guest reviews.

Pune
reviews: 6
3. Re: Hansar or Zazen?

Chrella, thanks so much. This info is v helpful.

Although a first post, I have been a tripadvisor regular. Have gone through nearly 100 reviews of each, but the info you gave is not available there, and this is what I was looking for, some insider info! :)

Judging by the reviews, both are excellent. Rooms of Zazen look better, happy hours at Hansar are welcome :) ... but the reviews Hansar's service & staff has got, are exceptional.

So, basically, I am unable to make up my mind and relying on experts to help me.

Again - thanks a lot.

Dublin, Ireland
reviews: 103
4. Re: Hansar or Zazen?

The Hansar hotel is a nice hotel. There are some aspects to the room which are neither practical or user friendly. during my one week stay there I found nothing exceptional with either the service or staff over and above any other hotel I have stayed in in Thailand. In fact the service is ordinary at best. it is in a beautiful location fantastic pool but in my honest opinion overpriced for what you get. I dont know the other hotel

Perth, Australia
reviews: 37
5. Re: Hansar or Zazen?

I don't think you could go too wrong with either but the Hansar Samui is the better located of the two being only a three minute stroll to a variety of restaurants and bars at the Fisherman's Village vs a 20min walk from Zazen. I chose the Hansar Samui for my own honeymoon last year and could not fault the place! We would return there in a flash! The service was truly excellent (as stated in 90%+ of reviews), the rooms are most comfortable and were designed pretty much exclusively for couples. All of the rooms at the Hansar overlook Bophut bay and have great ocean views out to Koh Phangan from an oversized private balcony with comfy daybed and overhead fan. This is a selling point that Zazen simply can't compete with. Same with the pool. Hansar arguably has one of the most stunning infinity pools on the island. The only aspect that Hansar can't compete with Zazen is on the number of rooms. As has been stated, Zazen is small with 25 rooms. Hansar is not large by any stretch but has around 70 rooms. Both are boutique resorts geared towards personalised service.

Both Hansar and Zazen have an award winning restaurant and I would recommend giving both a try both for a meal, regardless of where you decide to stay.

6. Re: Hansar or Zazen?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 pm, June 21, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Bophut