We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st Timer Need help please :)

Which Bophut hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lake Mary, Florida
reviews: 6
1st Timer Need help please :)

Good Evening:

A few friends and I (early 30') are very interested in Koh Samui- but need help with a starting point to do research.

Our main purpose is nightlife and good beaches and some sight seeing.

We have a decent budget. I would say $200 USD a night is very doable for us.

We want a good hotel that may cater to our crowd, party type of crowd..

Also- I heard Thailand has a good exhange rate, but do you get a raw deal in Koh Samui since it's a tourist spot?

Thank you all for your help and I have no idea where to start!

Thanks

Bangkok, Thailand
1. Re: 1st Timer Need help please :)

" I heard Thailand has a good exhange rate, but do you get a raw deal in Koh Samui since it's a tourist spot?"

No, you don't get a raw deal. About 95% of all exchange booths are run by the banks which charge the same rate at any of their branches or booths, anywhere in the country at the same moment in time.

Have a look at these useful links:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g293915-s601/Thailand…

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g293918-c4065/Koh-Sam…

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
reviews: 44
2. Re: 1st Timer Need help please :)

Hi

Perhaps have a look at these websites for accommodation.

www.sawasdee.com

www.agoda.com

www.booking.com

Another thing when you are planing to go? $ 200 is very decent budget but in peak season all accom would jump up as much as double. If you are there for party then look no furthers than chaweng beach area. The Ark bar and resort and (around that area central of chawrng)are the place you might like as they have their own beach party. And if walk across the road is soi green mango this is where every one go for big night out. It's a hub for clubs and bars.

Pune, India
reviews: 28
3. Re: 1st Timer Need help please :)

ark bar is definitely the place to party.......they do have their own beach parties at noon on a thursday i think....it includes the BBQ...i'm not sure you'll like the accommodation though......stayed here!!...chaweng is the place to be!!

Bedfordshire
reviews: 157
4. Re: 1st Timer Need help please :)

Ark bar and the surrouding area is the place to party. This is central Chaweng, so if you want to be right in the thick of it, look for hotels in this area. However, I'm not sure I would want to stay at the ark bar itself. The Chaweng regent is a half decent hotel that very close to the party scene. I would also recommend looking for somewhere in North Chaweng as its got lots and lots of bars and restaurants and either a short walk or quick hop onto a Songthew to the main drag.

Norfolk, England
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, Batu Ferringhi, Chaweng, Ko Samui
reviews: 174
5. Re: 1st Timer Need help please :)

then head to Koh Phangan for the Full Moon parties . . .

Bengaluru...
reviews: 5
6. Re: 1st Timer Need help please :)

go to Geenapple in koh samui nice party place.don't miss going to koh phangan that's the real party.u can also stay there.

Ajax, Canada
reviews: 149
7. Re: 1st Timer Need help please :)

Chaweng Beach is the place to stay...Soi Green Mango has all the bars/clubs-there aren't tons on the island...rent a motorbike and head to the Reggae Bar on the other side of the 'lake'-cool outdoor type 'club' with a live band followed by top 40 DJ stuff. Ark Bar has a beach party Wednesday nights that is busy busy busy with lots of the younger crowd. They also have a Nikki Beach-yeah that Nikki Beach, on the other side of the island...check out their website for info.

Best thing about Thailand is-in general, no cover charge and no line ups anywhere-come and go as you please everywhere. Have fun but don't do anything to get the authorities involved.

Lake Mary, Florida
8. Re: 1st Timer Need help please :)

Thanks for all the help-

Still need good hotel ideas for a central location on Chameng Beach... Thanks for any tips. :)

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
reviews: 44
9. Re: 1st Timer Need help please :)

Did you have a look at the Chaweng regent beach resort ?

Lake Mary, Florida
10. Re: 1st Timer Need help please :)

I actually don't think the ark bar is that bad. Reviews are favorable .. Price is really good and seems like the vibe I want

Get answers to your questions about Bophut