We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Samui in September

Which Bophut hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
reviews: 16
Samui in September

We're thinking of going to samui right at the beginning of September for our honeymoon, after spending a few days sightseeing in Bangkok.

Just a few concerns, we don't want to stay in Chaweng, too noisy and overdeveloped and were thinking of somewhere quieter like bophut and the bophut resort and spa, as we like the idea of being able to easily walk out of the resort and go for dinner/drinks.

One problem is that I've heard the beach at bophut isn't great for swimming and my fiancé loves open water swimming and we both love snorkelling.

Is the beach at bophut really that bad? Any other recommendations in samui? Or anywhere else in Thailand?

S.

Saudi Arabia
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
reviews: 21
1. Re: Samui in September

What about Koh Phangan ? However, if you plan on flying down from Bangkok there is no airport on the island. It's a short sea crossing from Koh Samui and has nice beaches on the north of the island. Closer to Bangkok you have Koh Samet, quieter the further south you go on this small island.

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Phangan, Ko Samui, Thailand
reviews: 42
2. Re: Samui in September

We stayed at Bophut 2 years ago and while I like the area for eating, bars and it's quaintness, the beach isn't that great by the standards of the rest of the island. Quieter places with better beaches would be Choeng Mon or South Chaweng.

Agree that Koh Phangan is worth consideration, have a look at Thong Nai Pan in the north of the island, a stunning beach with a few different bungalow operators, restaurants and some laid back bars.

Tenerife, Spain
reviews: 9
3. Re: Samui in September

we stayed from 20th and it was great then sea calm and weather lovely nice time to go i think.

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
reviews: 53
4. Re: Samui in September

Hi

If your fiancé love to swim in the ocean ( same as my husband) them perhaps have a look at either south Chaweng beach or further south theres a beach called Chaweng Noi beach ( both have a good quality of talcum soft sand cleared water to swims) as much as I loved south Chaweng beach we found the Chaweng Noi is quieter with just a few presort dots a long the beach few places for meals and drinks.

This is the resort on Chaweng noi beach that might suite you. And suite for honeymoon.

The new star villas

The imperail beach resort

The Impiana beach resort

The Saran villas

Good luck

These are beach front beach resort

The

5. Re: Samui in September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:51 pm, June 07, 2013