We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which hotel to choose with children - tongasai bay or sandal

Which Bophut hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Haifa, Israel
reviews: 13
which hotel to choose with children - tongasai bay or sandal

we are 2 families who intend to be in kosamui at october.

we have children ages 4 5 9 10 and 13 .

it is hard to decide which best hotel for us- sandalwood which selected as the best in kosamui but has no activities for the children or tongasai bay which has lots of recomendations?

any other 5 star hotel ?

thnks in advance micki

Glasgow
reviews: 27
1. Re: which hotel to choose with children - tongasai bay or sandal

Hi Mickiss13,

Tongsai every time, it has a separate adults pool so the kids get space to mess around in the main pool. The staff are great so friendly and helpful the food was good too and we seen a lot of families in the resort when we were there. The beach is lovely and generally only used by the hotel guests so it is safe to let the kids have that little bit of freedom. The sea water can get a bit choppy but the pool makes up for it.

I haven't been to the other resort so can't say which one I would prefer but I don't think you would be disappionted at Tongsai.

Claire

Ko Samui, Thailand
reviews: 5
2. Re: which hotel to choose with children - tongasai bay or sandal

Maybe Centara Grand? It's quite popular with families with kids and has more activities for kids.

SanFrancisco
reviews: 1
3. Re: which hotel to choose with children - tongasai bay or sandal

Hi Mickiss13,

If you haven't already booked I'd like to show some support for the other resort . There are many very good reasons why there are such positive guests responses to Sandalwood Villas. But since I am very biased in my in thinking . I'll let the Sandalwood guests speak for themselves.But let's look at a couple of major differences that may help you decide. Tong Sai Bay has big spread on beach w/83 rooms . Sandalwood has ten villas up on a hill with daily free shuttles up and down to beach. 2 public pools three villas have a private pools. Both resorts have restaurant facilities (w/cooking classes) and spa. Sandalwood has a variety of children's' floatation devices, pool toys , rafts and many sizes of masks and snorkels for guests use. At the Sandalwood lobby there are a couple of guest computers as well as an extensive DVD library all complimentary to all. There are things for the children but we are not on the beach. That is probably the main difference. Also the 83 rooms versus 10 villas.

With only ten villas much easier for staff to cater to every need.

Hope that helps clarify the answer to your question mickiss13. If not reply and will gladly get straight back to you.

George

Nuremberg, Germany
4. Re: which hotel to choose with children - tongasai bay or sandal

Sorry luxerG, but you must be joking to recommend Sandelwoods for a family with 5 kids. There is absolutely nothing to do up there, apart from the pools in the resort, and no public transport anywhere near.

And comparing Sandelwoods with Tongsai Bay is like comparing McDonalds with a Gourmet Restaurant. ;)

5. Re: which hotel to choose with children - tongasai bay or sandal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:16 pm, October 11, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Bophut