We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Police in Panormo

Which Panormos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lincs
reviews: 25
Police in Panormo

Can anyone tell me why there are so many police officers on duty in Panormo yesterday maybe an exception but we saw, what I believe to be a police boat, 2 jeeps and 2 motor bikes totalling at least 10 officers. Virtually every day and night there are at least 3 officers on 2 motor bikes. This has been the case for a year or two at least. Obviously there is an issue for so many police resources in this day and age of austerity to be targeted at a small fishing village. What is it?

5 replies to this topic
Devizes, United...
reviews: 309
1. Re: Police in Panormo

Invasion of killer sea bass.

Rethymnon, Greece
Destination Expert
for Crete
reviews: 5
2. Re: Police in Panormo

Hi there

A Russian guy went to swim yesterday despite of being too windy and that it had so big waves.

He almost got drowned and almost the waves threw him on the rocks. Some local fishermen tried to help with their boats but couldn't get close to him. Then the coast guard came closer and finally saved him. He's all right now. It was a narrow escape! It happened yesterday afternoon.

That must have been the case

Athens, Greece
3. Re: Police in Panormo

Hee, Hee!! Nice to see a good JOKE on this forum, GB!!

Lincs
reviews: 25
4. Re: Police in Panormo

Many thanks for your factual, specific and straightforward ANSWER to my considered reasonable question. I look forward to reading responses from you personally to any questions I post in future. I am still very curious as to why so many police officers, up to 4 are regularly deployed to patrol sleepy Panormo. Perhaps the cost of such is set against the re assurance it provides to the many tourists that visit Panormo each year. Or?

Rethymnon, Greece
Destination Expert
for Crete
reviews: 5
5. Re: Police in Panormo

Thank you for your kind words.

Please don't think wrong about GB, he has so many posts, that he deserves a couple of jokes too. :o)

I'll be glad to answer any question you have if I happen to know

Reply to: Police in Panormo
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Panormos