I'm a mid-40s solo traveller thinking of visiting Sifnos during the 1st or 2nd week of June 2013 and need some advice please
1. Will all/most accommodation, tavernas, shops etc be open then?
2. Will there be a full bus schedule operating at that time?
3. Is it possible/easy to find budget (up to E40/nt) accommodation on arrival, or is it better to pre-book? I'm thinking either Kamares or Vathy, but leaning towards Kamares as I gather from previous posts here that Kamares is a wee bit livelier as well as being a good base from which to get buses to other parts of the island.
4. Will ferries be running to Sifnos from Piraeus and/or Naxos (I'm also thinking of staying in Naxos for a few days) in early June?
5. Finally, how many days would you recommend staying in Sifnos to sample it all, or at least a good part of it? I have a max of 6 nights/5 days available for Sifnos, depending of course on the ferry schedules and whether I'll be travelling from Sifnos to Piraeus or Naxos (I'll be flying home from Athens).
Thanking you all in advance for your replies!