We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

General info required please

Which Kamares hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin, Ireland
reviews: 10
General info required please

HI all.

I'm a mid-40s solo traveller thinking of visiting Sifnos during the 1st or 2nd week of June 2013 and need some advice please

1. Will all/most accommodation, tavernas, shops etc be open then?

2. Will there be a full bus schedule operating at that time?

3. Is it possible/easy to find budget (up to E40/nt) accommodation on arrival, or is it better to pre-book? I'm thinking either Kamares or Vathy, but leaning towards Kamares as I gather from previous posts here that Kamares is a wee bit livelier as well as being a good base from which to get buses to other parts of the island.

4. Will ferries be running to Sifnos from Piraeus and/or Naxos (I'm also thinking of staying in Naxos for a few days) in early June?

5. Finally, how many days would you recommend staying in Sifnos to sample it all, or at least a good part of it? I have a max of 6 nights/5 days available for Sifnos, depending of course on the ferry schedules and whether I'll be travelling from Sifnos to Piraeus or Naxos (I'll be flying home from Athens).

Thanking you all in advance for your replies!

22 replies to this topic
Helsinki, Finland
21. Re: General info required please

Deirdre

Forgot to mention - last week of May is incredibly beautiful in Sifnos. The Island is in full bloom with all the wild flowers. I think it's also the time of the big festival in Chrisopigi. If you go, be hungry. You'll be invited to eat with about 200 people.

Buses are running in May between all the towns. Apollonia is beautiful, Faros, Kastro, Vathi..

:-)

Good luck

Dublin, Ireland
reviews: 10
22. Re: General info required please

Hi there.

Thank you for your info and advice. Sorry ti hear about your experience on Serifos.

Reply to: General info required please
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kamares
More Kamares Topics