We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need to know about road conditions

Which Shivpuri hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ahmedabad, India
reviews: 51
Need to know about road conditions

Hi, I am planning to do a road trip from Lucknow to Ahmedabad and plan to take the Lucknow-Kanpur-Jhansi-Shivpuri-Kota-Udaipur-Ahmedabad route. I have heard the stretches between Shivpuri and Kota is desolate. Is there any real problem? Are the roads good enough to travel at night?

Thanks

9 replies to this topic
Ahmedabad, India
1. Re: Need to know about road conditions

Since no one else deemed it fit to respond, I will respond myself. I did the stretch in early March and whatever I have heard is extremely true! The entire 320 kms from Jhansi to Kota has excellent roads but its extremely desolate. Population is very sparse and there are absolutely no highway joints or fuel pumps on the way. One should get a full tank before leaving Jhansi and it would be good to have food with you.

Also be sure to have your tools along with you and be ready to tinker yourself if there is a breakdown. You wont find any highway mechanics. And one last word, try and do the stretch during day time. Two reasons - if you have a breakdown somewhere, there will be no help in the night. Secondly the stretch is so lonely, its plain scary ...lol

Jabalpur, India
reviews: 37
2. Re: Need to know about road conditions

Sir,

I am very thankfull to you for your valuable contribution, due to your feedback I was able to cover distance of 1000 Km from Ajmer to Jabalpur via Jhansi in 13.30 Hrs from morning 5:30 AM to 7:00 PM. I have tried all other road connections but all are in worst conditions specally in Rajasthan, please keep posting your valuable inputs its a great help for those who are addicted like me to travel by raod.

Thanks once again

Jaipur, India
reviews: 85
3. Re: Need to know about road conditions

If you are taking the Shivpuri route then the conditions of roads are more than Ok. You can go by this route.

Happy Journey

Ahmedabad, India
4. Re: Need to know about road conditions

Samar

Always happy to help! I intend to make the trip again in March 2014, if all goes as per plan!

Cheers

Jackson

PS. I thought the roads in Rajasthan are quite great...surprised to see your comment on Rajasthan roads. Well..probably because I have only done the border roads which are anyway in excellent conditions

5. Re: Need to know about road conditions

Chris, your inputs seem very valuable. How is the route Lucknow..Kanpur...Shivpuri...udaipur... Ahmedabad this time off the year. Should this be preferred or will Agra...Jaipur well be better option.

Thanks,

Kuldip

6. Re: Need to know about road conditions

Chris, your inputs seem very valuable. How is the route Lucknow..Kanpur...Shivpuri...udaipur... Ahmedabad this time off the year. Should this be preferred or will Agra...Jaipur well be better option.

Thanks,

Kuldip

Ahmedabad, India
7. Re: Need to know about road conditions

Hi Kuldip

I did the Lucknow Ahmedabad route via Jhansi Shivpuri Kanpur in April this year and the roads are good. Four lane all through with little or no traffic. Except two trouble spots...Bhognipur outside Kanpur and the Udaipur by pass to Ahmedabad....the truckers make s royal mess here. Avoid These two places in the evenings ...there can be massive traffic jams....but the rest of the road make an excellent drive..

Wishing you a great drive and a safe journey....if it's ok do let us know how was the journey like....

Regards

Jabalpur, India
reviews: 37
8. Re: Need to know about road conditions

I have travelled on this highway, road condition is good, but very less traffic, i have travelled in march 14 & covered it in day time, there are very less food points dabha, puncher shop.

Rajkot, India
9. Re: Need to know about road conditions

Read ur post. I am planning to travel by car from Kota-Jhansi-Kanpur-Allahad-Varanasi. Seems the first leg is OK. Further, want to travel to Darjeeling via Patna & Purnea. Any idea about road conditions and safety in that area?? Pl. help.

Reply to: Need to know about road conditions
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Shivpuri