We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My Experience in Ranthambore - Feb 2013

Which Ranthambore National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mumbai (Bombay...
reviews: 8
My Experience in Ranthambore - Feb 2013

I had been to Ranthambore in Feb 2013 and it was a great experience. There were too many safaris (nine in total) and too many photos to include it in detail in the forum here. Therefore I'm giving a brief snapshot here. Detailed experience of each safari along with photos are given in my travel blog for those interested. Blog URL is given along with my signature below. I'll be glad to help you with any queries that you may have.

Trip Summary

Travel Destination– Ranthambore National Park

Travel Dates – 16thFeb 2013 to 20th Feb 2013

Animals sightings– Tiger, Leopard, Jackal, Blue Bull (Nil Gai), Sambhar Deer, Spotted Deer (Chital), Indian Gazelle (Impala), Jungle Cat, Langur monkeys, Crocodile

Bird sightings –Peacock, Eagle, Owl, Egret, Crane, Heron, Cormorant, Drongo, Woodpecker, Parakeet, Flycatcher, Babbler, Treepie, Kingfisher, Lapwing, Bulbul, Mynah, Patridge and many more

Number of safaris – Nine (9)

Mode of Safari - Gypsy, No. of safaris - Three (3), Big Cat sightings - One leopard sighting

Mode of Safari - Canter, No. of safaris - Six (6), Big Cat sightings - Three tiger sightings (five tigers)

Hotel - The Ranthambore Bagh

Tobin David

http://thewildlifephotoblog.blogspot.in/

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 139
1. Re: My Experience in Ranthambore - Feb 2013

Wow, what a great blog and the photos are wonderful, they really make you want to visit Rathambore.

Mumbai (Bombay...
2. Re: My Experience in Ranthambore - Feb 2013

Thanks a lot Chrella for your kind words. If one were to plan well and make a trip to Ranthambore, it would definitely leave memories worth savouring forever. The sight of the majestic tiger in the wild is truly breath-taking and awe-inspiring. Hope you get your chance soon. Cheers.

Birmingham
reviews: 2
3. Re: My Experience in Ranthambore - Feb 2013

Hi,

It looks like you had an amazing time.

I am visiting Ranthambore later this month. I will have limited time there, only three days. I am hoping to be lucky enough to see A tiger or leopard. Which safari or tour would you recommend?

Edited: 8:31 am, March 09, 2013
Mumbai (Bombay...
4. Re: My Experience in Ranthambore - Feb 2013

Hi,

Assuming that you have 3 full days, you should be able to fit in a maximum of 6 safaris, morning and evening safaris each day. In case you have other activities planned in Ranthambore, ensure that you get at least 4 safaris. That will increase your chances of a tiger-sighting.

Have you booked your safaris? Hopefully you have safaris booked in gypsies. The sightings are better if you are in a gypsy. If not, even canters are fine.

Ranthambore has 9 zones, Zone 1 - 5 are within the Ranthambore National Park. Stick to these zones as the sightings are better. You may be offered gypsy safaris in Zone 6 - 9 (because canters are not allowed in these zones). However I would suggest sticking to Zone 1 - 5 even if its in a canter. There have been sightings in Zone 6 - 9, however not as frequent as within the NP.

But all said and done, enjoy the forest, landscape and other wildlife too. Hope you have a good trip and tiger-sightings.

Macclesfield...
reviews: 5
5. Re: My Experience in Ranthambore - Feb 2013

Hi .looks like a wonderful trip. who did you book this holiday with or did you book all accomodation and excursions yourself?The photos are amazing and make me want to go. When is the best time of year to visit/ is it ok around September?

Macclesfield...
reviews: 5
6. Re: My Experience in Ranthambore - Feb 2013

Hi .looks like a wonderful trip. who did you book this holiday with or did you book all accomodation and excursions yourself?The photos are amazing and make me want to go. When is the best time of year to visit/ is it ok around September?

Mumbai (Bombay...
7. Re: My Experience in Ranthambore - Feb 2013

Hi,

This was my second trip to Ranthambhore. Moreover I decided to go at the very last minute. Therefore I called up the hotel to book the accommodation and the safaris. If you plan well in advance (90 days in advance) you can book the safaris online at the website, http://www.rajasthanwildlife.in/ . This improves your chances of getting a gypsy. But the safari bookings are non-refundable and non-transferable.

Ranthambhore NP is closed from June/July to September during the monsoon season and reopens in October. May/early-June just before the rains are considered the best season for tiger-sighting. This is because it is peak summer and tigers can be sighted near water-holes. The flipside is the scorching heat.

My first visit was in Oct 2011 and managed to sight 3 tigresses and 3 cubs in 5 safari trips. My second visit was in Feb this year and sighted 4 tigers and one leopard in 9 safari trips. Therefore the time of the year may not matter that much.

Hope you get to travel to Ranthambhore and have a great trip.

Wales
reviews: 20
8. Re: My Experience in Ranthambore - Feb 2013

Hi there, that was a great trip report thanks. We would really like to visit Rathambore and do a little sight seeing in India ending up at a beach resort for a week such as Goa. We would be flying from the UK and dont know where to start with planning routes etc. Can anyone recommend a company that we could price an itinerary through please? Thank you.

Dundee, United...
reviews: 28
9. Re: My Experience in Ranthambore - Feb 2013

Hi Alex don't know if this would be any help but we are going out to India - New Delhi on 20th March. We have arranged flights and hotels ourselves - using TA quite a lot! We are using Trinetra Tours to do the Golden Triangle and Ranthambhore and we booked internal flights to and from to Goa for the final part of the trip ourselves online. We are doing it all in two weeks. So far we have found Trinetra very helpful for the Golden Triangle part of the trip. They also booked the safaris for us - though you can do this yourself online and Trinetra provide a car and driver and guides at the main sights on the trip. I will post a review on our return which might or might not be a help to you if you are booking in the next couple of weeks. Please let me know of there is any info I can give you at this stage.

agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
10. Re: My Experience in Ranthambore - Feb 2013

Great blog and good pictures.

Get answers to your questions about Ranthambore National...