Directions on how to get from the Balmaceda Airport to the Coyhaique bus terminal to Puyuhuapi.
* Once at the airport, ask for maps for Coyhaique and Puyuhuapi. There's a tourist desk to your right once you exit the plane.
1. Take a transfer from airport (4,000p/ U$4). 'Transfer' is another way of saying shuttle. Tell them to take you to the 'Terminal de Buses Municipal.' They drop you off directly in front of the bus terminal.
2. Terra Austral is the only bus line that runs on SUNDAYS from Coyhaique to Puyuhuapi. I believe there is another bus line that runs during the week but check the days as they only run on certain days. Bus ticket cost about 8,000p/ $16.
3. The bus ride from Coyhaique to Puyuhuapi takes about 4-4.5 hours, 5 max. Half the road is paved and the other half is dirt, so it's definitely a bumpy ride! If you get motion sickness, highly recommend sitting up front w the driver or taking over the counter nausea pills.
4. Once you arrive in Puyuhuapi EVERYTHING is walking distance. Even though it might look like a good distance on the map, trust me... it's not!
Then once your settled in Puyuhupai, enjoy the views, the people and the breathtaking view of the sea.