We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for my family tree

Which Gaozhou hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
reviews: 1
Looking for my family tree

My grandfather came from Gaozhou. I want to find his hometown/village. I lived in Australia now.

4 replies to this topic
Dublin, California
reviews: 30
1. Re: Looking for my family tree

Are you traveling to China? Often there are family associations in Aus that can help you. Start by searching for his last name in Chinese.

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 1
2. Re: Looking for my family tree

Yes, my brother and I are planning to go to Guangzhou in July,2012.GZ will be our base. Our last name is Mah (horse in chinese) .Unfortunately there is no Mah associations in Aus.

3. Re: Looking for my family tree

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 8:05 am, April 14, 2012

Dublin, California
reviews: 30
4. Re: Looking for my family tree

Check with other family associations, also try to find anyone fromgaozhou in Sydney

Reply to: Looking for my family tree
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Gaozhou
Recent Conversations