We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to Seville from Cabanas De Tavira

Which Cabanas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Stirling
reviews: 37
Trip to Seville from Cabanas De Tavira

We're going to Cabanas for a couple of weeks at the end of the month and are really looking forward to having a relaxing couple of weeks. We don't want to hire a car and imagine we'll do any exploring by train. However we would like to spend a night in Seville. From what I've read so far it seems that it isn't easy to go to Seville by public transport but that there is a bus running from Tavira? Is this a day trip or could we use it to travel and stay over for a night?

Many thanks for any info : )

Edited: 5:58 pm, September 01, 2012
South Australia
reviews: 12
1. Re: Trip to Seville from Cabanas De Tavira

Bus timetable Tavira to Sevilla www.eva-bus.com

Seville accommodation www.venere.com

www.andalucia.com/cities/sevilla.htm

Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal
2. Re: Trip to Seville from Cabanas De Tavira

It's possible by bus. (as mentioned with the above link for the time table) Remember Spain is one hour later. You can take any bus any time, so if you want to stay the night, that's possible. From the bus station (Plaza de Armaz) in Seville to the cathedral is only a 15 min. walk. It's a great city to visit.

Stirling
3. Re: Trip to Seville from Cabanas De Tavira

Thank you very much both for your help. I see that it takes 3 hrs by bus, which is rather off putting as I thought I read that it was only about an hour by car? I wouldn't mind a few hours on a train but I'm not so keen by bus. Are there any other alternatives by train (even part)? The links to the timetables and accommodation are really helpful though, many thanks!

Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal
4. Re: Trip to Seville from Cabanas De Tavira

Well, by car it's 1h40 min from Cabanas. The bus is slow, it stops for a while in Ayamonte and then again for a while in Huelva.

The nearest train station is Huelva but then you're already close to Sevilla.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
reviews: 22
5. Re: Trip to Seville from Cabanas De Tavira

There are no trains across the border. There are trains as far as Vila Real de Santo António on the Portuguese side of the river, then you have to walk about 10 minutes to a ferry, take that over to Ayamonte, then walk another 15 minutes minutes to Ayamonte bus station for buses to Seville. The nearest station in Spain is at Huelva (around 30 miles from Ayamonte) and there are only three trains a day from there to Seville.

For details and links to timetables see www.algarvebus.info/001.htm

Note that there are only three buses a day across the border out of season and one of those is in the dead of night.

Stirling
6. Re: Trip to Seville from Cabanas De Tavira

Brilliant! Thank you all for the information : )

loule
7. Re: Trip to Seville from Cabanas De Tavira

You could also book an all-in tour from one of the resorts in the area. Some of them are a full day (leaving early am - returning late pm) and others include a night in the city.

Still means you're going by bus but at least leaving the organisation to someone else! And it's a great city - well worth seeing.

Stirling
8. Re: Trip to Seville from Cabanas De Tavira

Thanks that's also a thought. Although there does seem to be some really good hotel deals about : )

9. Re: Trip to Seville from Cabanas De Tavira

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, October 11, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Cabanas