We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camerino wi-fi access

Which Camerino hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
reviews: 58
Camerino wi-fi access

Does anyone know if there is an access point for wi-fi in Camerino? Thank you

4 replies to this topic
Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
reviews: 22
1. Re: Camerino wi-fi access

The University of Camerino operates what they call an internet café in Piazza Cavour, in the center of town. From the photo, it looks like a row of computers that you can use, not a place where you can connect with your laptop. You have to register to use it, and there may be some restrictions.

The Hotel i Duchi has wifi.

I can't find any other reliable information.

We spend part of every summer near there, and I know that internet didn't even exist in that area until recently. In the town where we stay, there still isn't any wifi access. We use a USB modem to get internet access through the cell network, but even that is spotty in the smaller towns.

London
reviews: 58
2. Re: Camerino wi-fi access

Very useful to know. Thank you.

reviews: 9
3. Re: Camerino wi-fi access

Which airport is the best to reach Camerino. And can I get there from the airport without hiring a car? Thanks!

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
reviews: 22
4. Re: Camerino wi-fi access

Where exactly are you going in Camerino? The center of town is only a small part of the town's territory, and some parts of it are not easily reached except by car.

The closest airport to Camerino is Ancona (AOI). There is a train station there, but it's a bit of a trek across the parking lot to get to it. From there, with one change of train, you can get as far as Castelraimondo, where you can get a bus the rest of the way to the center of town. You can see the train schedules here:

www.trenitalia.com/cms/v/index.jsp…

The station at the airport is Castelferretti, and the destination station is Castelraimondo-Camerino (which is actually right in the center of Castelraimondo) and about six miles from Camerino. The train trip takes about an hour and a half, or more if you have to wait long for the connecting train.

The drive takes about an hour and a quarter, and there is also a car rental agency at the airport. It's a fairly easy drive, on a limited access highway most of the way.

You would want to take a train going west, which should be on the track on the far side from the airport; there's an underpass to get to that track.

There is also a bus from Rome to Camerino. Unfortunately, I can't find any information about bus schedules, neither from Rome nor from Castelraimondo. The web site that's supposed to have the information is totally nonfunctional. I've sent them an email complaining about its many problems and the total lack of information, so maybe in a few years they'll fix it.

orariautobus.it/orari-autobus/…macerata.html

Seriously, maybe you could try it in a few weeks.

Reply to: Camerino wi-fi access
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Camerino
Recent Conversations