We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants Open on Christmas Day

Los Angeles, CA
reviews: 18
Restaurants Open on Christmas Day

My husband and I are thinking about spending a few nights over Christmas at the Farmhouse Inn, but we are worried that we may find it difficult to find places that are open for meals on Christmas day. Does anyone know of restaurants that are likely to be open? Thanks!

11 replies to this topic
Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
reviews: 5
1. Re: Restaurants Open on Christmas Day

Well the Farmhouse Inn has a Michelin recognized restaurant on the premises.

www.farmhouseinn.com/restaurant-0/…

Have you checked with them to see if they are serving Christmas Dinner? If not, they would be the best place to go for this information. They can undoubtedly steer you in the right direction.

Santa Rosa...
2. Re: Restaurants Open on Christmas Day

Sante at Fairmont Mission Inn in Sonoma has an amazing Christmas Day buffet

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
reviews: 5
3. Re: Restaurants Open on Christmas Day

Yes. However, it is a little driving distance from the Farmhouse Inn in the Russian River area.

reviews: 708
4. Re: Restaurants Open on Christmas Day

If you stay at Farmhouse Inn, I would dine there; it is excellent! :)

Palmdale, California
Destination Expert
for California Desert
reviews: 44
5. Re: Restaurants Open on Christmas Day

Hello cg0994, and welcome to the Sonoma County forum.

I know from experience working in Santa Rosa how difficult it can be to find a restaurant open on Thanksgiving and Christmas. . . even Taco Bell closes up early on these holiday's eves! The whole area *really* closes down on these dates as far as restaurants and retail is concerned.

I placed a call to the Farmhouse Inn just now, and I'm told they will call me back to let me know if their restaurant will be open anytime Christmas Day. I'll update you when I get the information.

6. Re: Restaurants Open on Christmas Day

Looks like they are closed on both Christmas Eve & Christmas Day according to opentable. :(

Palmdale, California
Destination Expert
for California Desert
7. Re: Restaurants Open on Christmas Day

Thanks, syrahgirl. When the Farmhouse Inn calls me back, I'll be sure to confirm that and ask for recommendations on where to send the OP for meals on Christmas Day. I knew it would be hard. . . (sigh)

8. Re: Restaurants Open on Christmas Day

Sante is a great choice, The Sonoma Mission Inn is beautiful. Saddle's Steakhouse is also open in Sonoma and in Healdsburg, Madrona Manor is open. Merry Christmas! :).

Palmdale, California
Destination Expert
for California Desert
9. Re: Restaurants Open on Christmas Day

Just got off the horn with the kind folks at Farmhouse Inn. Their restaurant is closed Christmas Day all day. They note, as we do, it's hard to get a restaurant on Christmas Day in the area.

Some referrals: the Duck Club in Bodega Bay, about an hour away, will be open. TA link here: tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g32091-d54… Spoonbar in Healdsburg, about 12 miles away, will be open from 4:00 PM to 9:00 PM and serve a five course meal for $60 a person. TA link here: tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g32482-d19…

The Farmhouse Inn representative I spoke with encouraged a reservation if you want to go to Spoonbar. I'm guessing the same would be with the Duck Club as well. There's a restaurant they also referred me to in Napa, but I figured that since it would be an hour's drive, Bodega Bay would be preferable, so I didn't get the name of the Napa restaurant. FYI.

Hope this helps cg0994 have a very Merry Christmas!

San Francisco...
reviews: 1
10. Re: Restaurants Open on Christmas Day

Two other restaurants that appear, according to Open Table, to have availability on Christmas Day are Equus at the Fountain Grove Inn and Mateo's Cocina Latina in Healdsburg. I haven't eaten there yet, but have heard great things about Mateo's Cocina Latina.

Reply to: Restaurants Open on Christmas Day
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted