We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach Access and Swimming New River Inlet Road

Which North Topsail Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Clarks Summit...
reviews: 32
Beach Access and Swimming New River Inlet Road

We were looking to rent a house at the very Northern End of New River Inlet Road. I was told that the beach was replenished last year. The house we inquired about is 2381 New River Inlet Road, I was cautioned that swimming is prohibitted in this area ? Is this true ? I see new river inlet is directly north by a few hundred yards, but would not want to go to a dangerous beach with my family and young sons. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Topsail Island, NC
reviews: 33
1. Re: Beach Access and Swimming New River Inlet Road

It is not prohibited but do not swim in the inlet, it is very dangerous there.

Swimming off the beach near the inlet is fine. I never swim right next to the inlet but down the beach a 100 yards or so I think is fine.

Pickerington, Ohio
2. Re: Beach Access and Swimming New River Inlet Road

Please be VERY, VERY careful at the north end. We've been vacationing at North Topsail for 25 years. There have been a number of drownings in this area through the years- even the occasional Marine from Camp Lejeune. I would not go in the water beyond the St. Regis. If you're using a public access there will be signs posted in dangerous areas. Have a wonderful trip.

Topsail Island, NC
reviews: 33
3. Re: Beach Access and Swimming New River Inlet Road

All the public beach access signs are uniform throughout North Topsail Beach, there are no special signs posted at the north end warning of any supposed danger.

There are no beach areas that the town has deemed as any more dangerous than any others (the inlet is far more dangerous but I don't count that as beachfront).

While, unfortunately, there are occasional drownings on the island, there is no one area that is more prevalent than any other. The exception to that might be at the more popular public beach accesses just because of the sheer number of people that go to those compared to other places.

4. Re: Beach Access and Swimming New River Inlet Road

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:15 pm, September 16, 2014
Get answers to your questions about North Topsail Beach