We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1866 New River Inlet Road

Which North Topsail Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Niagara Falls, New...
reviews: 1
1866 New River Inlet Road

Our family of four have rented property at the above address in May. We are so excited but we were wondering about the beach area. And some things to do/ places to eat while in town! Our kids are 3 and 5. Also, what is the average water temp during May? We went to Mrtyle Beach last year and did a Dolphin Cruise and that was grreat. Anything similiar near us?

Fort Wayne, Indiana
reviews: 95
1. Re: 1866 New River Inlet Road

They have done a huge beach renovation on North Topsail, and while we have not visited since last June, have been sent pictures of the beach, which was eroding, and it looks very nice. We do visit TI at least once a year,, though, so are a liitle familiar with the island. Topsail is nothing remotely like Myrtle Beach. There are some great restaurants on or near TI, but most are the mom and pop variety. As of last summer there was an Andy's, Dairy Queen, Hardees, and McDonalds in the brand name catagory. Oh, and I think a Dominos Pizza. If you want pizza, Max's is good and near the turn bridge. Sears Landing is good for seafood. You may want to look at reviews on Trip Advisor for a complete list of reataurants. We go to the beach with all of our grandkids each summer, and there are a few parks on the island, but we spend 99% of our awake time on the beach. There is a very nice aquarium at Fort Fisher near Willmington that our "kids" enjoy. There is a boat ride on the intercoastal at Topsail, or there was. We have not done that for a few years. I am not sure of the water temp, but it is always warm when we visit in April. There is one stoplight on the entire island, and it is a quiet, peaceful, lovely place to visit. Hope you love it!

Radford, Virginia
2. Re: 1866 New River Inlet Road

The great thing about NTB is that it is not like Myrtle Beach. Less people, very little waiting in lines, less traffic and congestion but still has things to do. I suggest you go to the Surf City website tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g49584-Activitie… for activities. We own "Larry's Lazy Susan" our rental house on the beach and have for almost 20 years. We manage the rentals thru homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p950750#summary. Topsail Beach provides a great family vacation with a wonderful less crowed beach. For water temperatures see surf-forecast.com/breaks/…seatemp May will probably be between 60-70 degrees.

Knoxville, Tennessee
3. Re: 1866 New River Inlet Road

A small group of friends (my husband and I and another newlywed couple) are staying near this location in June. We are a pretty laid back kinda group and defintiely aren't looking for night life like at Mrytle, but it would be nice to kick back and enjoy a few beers at the beach. Wondering if there are any beach bars or sports bars near by that are fun, not too crazy, and clean. Any suggestions?

4. Re: 1866 New River Inlet Road

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:15 pm, May 23, 2014
Get answers to your questions about North Topsail Beach