We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Village of Stump Sound- Much Beach Erosion?

Which North Topsail Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
East Coast
reviews: 2
Village of Stump Sound- Much Beach Erosion?

We are looking at house in Stump Sound (S.Permuda Wynd 107) and the photos made it look like the beach had a fairly sharp vertical drop and then not much dry sand before the water line. Is anyone familiar with that area? Has there been much beach erosion? Also- we were curious as to how well maintained the community pool is. Thanks!

Topsail Island, NC
reviews: 33
1. Re: Village of Stump Sound- Much Beach Erosion?

I was at the pool area visiting someone last summer and it looked as if it was very well maintained.

I have not checked out the beach near that location for a while but I will be sure to stop by sometime this week take a look and get back to you.

Topsail Island, NC
reviews: 33
2. Re: Village of Stump Sound- Much Beach Erosion?

I drove down to Stump Sound and checked it out today.

It was at high tide and there was still plenty of beach. It looked good in that area.

I walked past the pool and took a close look at that too. It appeared to be very well maintained and the club house at the pool is currently undergoing some sort of renovations but everything looked in really good shape.

East Coast
reviews: 2
3. Re: Village of Stump Sound- Much Beach Erosion?

Conniecat- you are the BEST! Thank you so much for checking it out for me! We are lucky to have you as our resident expert! Looking forward to getting to Topsail sometime soon. Thanks again. D

Waldorf, Maryland...
reviews: 30
4. Re: Village of Stump Sound- Much Beach Erosion?

I know they have done alot of beach restoration lately in NTB

missouri
reviews: 8
5. Re: Village of Stump Sound- Much Beach Erosion?

We stayed in Stump Sound last June and the pool is well maintained, kids liked it. We did find that during high tide a couple days during our stay the water would be almost to the dunes, barely room for a chair, But during the day there was a huge amount of sand! Very nice area. We are in Topsail now and moved up the beach to Ocean Ridge this year just to check out other properties. LOVE Topsail!

missouri
reviews: 8
6. Re: Village of Stump Sound- Much Beach Erosion?

We stayed in Stump Sound last June and the pool is well maintained, kids liked it. We did find that during high tide a couple days during our stay the water would be almost to the dunes, barely room for a chair, But during the day there was a huge amount of sand! Very nice area. We are in Topsail now and moved up the beach to Ocean Ridge this year just to check out other properties. LOVE Topsail!

7. Re: Village of Stump Sound- Much Beach Erosion?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 03, 2014
Get answers to your questions about North Topsail Beach