We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Puccini Festival

Which Torre del Lago Puccini hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kent, England
reviews: 1
Puccini Festival

I am staying in Lucca and have tickets for Madame Butterfly on 17th July. I do not have a car. What is the best way to get to and from Torre del Largo before and after the performance?

Yorkshire Dales...
1. Re: Puccini Festival

Hi Imelda

I've just seen your post and wondered if you got to Madame Butterfly okay. What was the production like? What was the transportation like to and from Lucca?

We are planning to be in Lucca 11-14 August and to see Turandot on the 12th. We're seeing Madame Butterfly in Verona, but I could still change the schedule around !

Hence, it would be great to hear from you!

Laura

Kent, England
2. Re: Puccini Festival

Hi,

We had a great time at Torre del Lago. The production was very minimalist and modern!! The whole experience was just great.

There is a company in Lucca called Tau Touring (they are on the top corner of Via Guinigi or the tourist office can give you the phone number) who run a bus from the Porta San Pietro to near the theartre in Torre and back after the end of the performance for 20 euro per person return. There is no way you can get there and back by public transport. We did not get back to Lucca until 1.30 in the morning. I don't know what a taxi would have cost but I think 20 euro was a bit of a bargain just for the convenience. The bus leaves Porta San Pietro (this is near the station) at 7.30 and it takes about 45 mins. The performance doesnt start until around 9.30 but it was great to people watch.

A lovely evening was had!!

3. Re: Puccini Festival

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 23, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Torre del Lago Puccini
More Torre del Lago Puccini Topics