We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

waste of time going beginning october?

Which Pantai Cenang hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manila, Philippines
reviews: 36
waste of time going beginning october?

hi there,

have been thinking of booking for the beginning of october, have read various weather reports about the rain in october, they are mostly quite vage.we dont mind a bit of rain, but not constant downpours for 2 weeks, we mite as well still in england for that and save some money!!!would still like to go home with a tan.

if anyone could please tell me what the weather is really like at that time, it would be appriciated,

cheers,

jacdav

Norfolk.
Destination Expert
for Langkawi
reviews: 6
1. Re: waste of time going beginning october?

Hi

You will NOT experience 2 weeks of torrential rain in October, although you may experience some rain, at some time during your holiday.

No one can predict the weather, especially a year ahead

We are currently in Langkawi & the weather is great, a little cloudy at times but thats fine as it gives some respite from the intense heat from the sun.

Mick

Edited: 7:06 pm, October 20, 2010
Langkawi
2. Re: waste of time going beginning october?

Hi Mick,

You are right, even though Langkawi going through wet season but the Sun is always smiling on you!

I will like to quote something i read long time ago about weather!“Whether the weather be fine, Whether the weather be not, Whether the weather be cold, Whether the weather be hot, We'll weather the weather, Whatever the whether, Whether we like it or not”

if you are in Langkawi together,then sing ,dance,chill out and enjoy the Nature!

Langkawi, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Langkawi
reviews: 34
3. Re: waste of time going beginning october?

Dear Jacdav,

the statistics say that October is the wettest month of the year. This year is very dry. But what the others have said so far is correct; within the years I am here, I have not experienced 2 weeks of rain in a row. Last year in Aug. we had some 5 days with permanent rain.

In any case, you have a better chance for sun from middle or end of November.

Eva

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 53
4. Re: waste of time going beginning october?

Hi

We stayed in Langkawi early this month and on some of the days we have some rain,but it was not a problem and almost welcomed at times if you are waliking around in the humidity

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi
reviews: 73
5. Re: waste of time going beginning october?

Hi

I have visited Langkawi in October for the last 10 years. Yes, it does rain. One year, 2005 I seem to think, the weather in the main was not very good at all. Rain every day and quite prolonged downpours.

This October it has been very nice but here on the west coast of the island, it has been very breezy and the sea has been quite rough, by Langkawi standards.

November is supposed to be drier but, of course, more expensive! More than likely I will be here again next October so we can share a brolly! lol

Lesley

Manila, Philippines
reviews: 36
6. Re: waste of time going beginning october?

hi folks,

thanks for all the posts, it has helped us, we are gonna try to get there in november..if the price does not go up too much!!!mind you, with all the goverment cuts here in england, we might have to postpone as my husband works for the civil service, and they are making massive cuts!!

cheers,

jacdav

Australia
reviews: 15
7. Re: waste of time going beginning october?

Hi, We have visited Langkawi the last 3 Octobers (not this year) and agree with everyone else. Mainly sunny,the odd shower or maybe one day of rain out of ten. Take pot luck but your'e still in paradise!

FINLAND
reviews: 11
8. Re: waste of time going beginning october?

We are also thinking off 8 to 30 october so looks like it comes and goes the rain. I think october is definately better than August or september

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi
reviews: 73
9. Re: waste of time going beginning october?

Hi

October is a lovely month to visit the island. The showers make everything look so green and do cool the temperature down for a while.

Lesley

FINLAND
reviews: 11
10. Re: waste of time going beginning october?

thanks I think we will go for it

Get answers to your questions about Pantai Cenang