We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alpe di Siusi in September - any chance of spotting snow??

Which Alpe di Siusi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Albany, Australia
Alpe di Siusi in September - any chance of spotting snow??

At the risk of sounding a little ignorant, can you help me - my kids would LOVE to see snow but we'll be in the Dolomite region in September so I imagine the chances of seeing snow are remote...?? Advice?? Anywhere that they can touch it??

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Province of Trento
reviews: 19
1. Re: Alpe di Siusi in September - any chance of spotting snow??

Hi,

Two questions:

Where in the Dolomites are you planning on going?

Are you traveling by car?

Where are you coming from and then going to?

If Austria is in your plans before or after (and you'll have a car), I'd suggest driving the Grossglockner Hochalpenstrasse.

While we haven't gone in September, we've done a number of trips in the Dolomites in early to late October, I'd say it's possible. Of course weather is unpredictable.

From my (our) experiences, the best bet on seeing and touching snow would be along some of the passes or cable car rides. I remember quite a bit along the Sella Pass in particular and at higher elevations in the Seiser Alm/Alpe di Siusi.

We have some photo's of our trips to the Dolomites, etc. at:

www.worldisround.com/home/pja1/index.html

www.worldisround.com/home/pja1/travel15.html

Paul

Selva di Val...
Destination Expert
for Province of Trento
reviews: 6
2. Re: Alpe di Siusi in September - any chance of spotting snow??

There's always the Marmolada glacier, although this is perhaps more spectacular from a distance than close up. The poor thing has been suffering from massive melt in the last few years.

Or there's the Stubai Glacier up near the Austrian border.

September's a funny month though, you might well get some overnight snowfall throughout the area which then disappears by midday. You just never know!

Albany, Australia
3. Re: Alpe di Siusi in September - any chance of spotting snow??

Thanks for your replies

4. Re: Alpe di Siusi in September - any chance of spotting snow??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 pm, October 19, 2009