We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trip report april 15-21, 2012.

Which Singer Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 25
trip report april 15-21, 2012.

Whenever I plan for a vacation, I always check with tripadvisor, so by doing a trip report, it is my way of pay it forward.

Day1: we landed in FLL. FLL rental car area is on site which I loved so much. I wish every airport could be like this. Very convenient. We drove to Marriott Pointe in Singer island. It took 50 minutes. The drive was very easy, however before we crossed the bridge, the area of Riveira beach was not as nice, thus people often described as unsafe in many of the reviews. I had no problem whatsoever. After we crossed the bridge to Singer island, things looked much nicer. Check in the hotel took less than 5 minutes.

Day 2: We started with breakfast by driving to a local Denny's, then stopping at Publix for milk and snack. We spent the day by the pools, walked around the facility a bit.

Day3: We drove to Shark Valley (Everglade National park). The drive took 3 hours because there was construction on the road. My children rode their bikes for 1 hour and gave up. My kids did not care for Everglade, thus we went to some of the fruit farms in HOmestead and picked fruits. After that we checked in a hotel in Miami Lake.

Day4: We drove to Miami Beach, checked out Miami. We went to Vizcaya, and then drove back to Singer island.

Day 5: we drove to Palm Beach, checked out Flagger Museum. My kids loved this one. After that we drove around Palm Beach to marvel at the nice houses.

Day6: we walked to Sailfish Marina and took a water taxi to Peanut island. Beach in peanut island was very rocky. Kids managed to have fun though.

Day 7: we drove to West Palm Beach, checked out the area then drove to FLL to return car and fly home.

JENSEN BEACH
reviews: 37
1. Re: trip report april 15-21, 2012.

Hopefully your Family had time to enjoy the pools/beach at the Resort? Not sure the ages of your kids, did they enjoy feeding the tropical fish along the seawall at Sailfish Marina? Did you happen to get over to Sailfish Thursday evening for the art show/music/Sunset celebration?

Peanut Island has very good snorkeling in the lagoon. We like to eat nearby at Johnny Longboats in the plaza along the beach as well as the Tiki just up the beach at Palm Beach Shores Resort.

2. Re: trip report april 15-21, 2012.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, July 13, 2013