We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel time to trogon Lodge

Which San Gerardo de Dota hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Harpers Ferry, West...
reviews: 14
Travel time to trogon Lodge

Does anyone have a realistic estimate for drive time from Liberia to Trogon Lodge? We are planning a November 2013 trip spending most of our time in the north and north west but we would like to shoot down to Trogon Lodge area for a couple of days.

2 replies to this topic
San Jose, Costa Rica
1. Re: Travel time to trogon Lodge

From Liberia to San Jose about 3 and half hours...CROSSING San Jose to take Pan Am Hwy South in Cartago...is hard some times due to traffic in downtown---or even if you take the Circunvalacion road...but most of the time it takes me a little less than 3 hours...total about 6 and half hours...

By the way TROGON is great...and I love the trout they serve there,,

roadadvisor

Harpers Ferry, West...
reviews: 14
2. Re: Travel time to trogon Lodge

Thanks for the quick response. We have been to CR twice with OAT and 9 times on our own. On our own we have stayed at various mid-range AIs in Guanacaste and then done day trips in rental car. This will be our first time just "roaming free." We are thinking Liberia, Arenal area, Centro Neotrópico SarapiquíS and Monteverde then going pan-am to Trogon and then back north hanging along the coast.

I am thinking that the more well known places that we want to visit, like Trogon, will require reservations but that we should not have trouble finding a room somewhere on unplanned nights. Is that a reasonable assumption for November? Is Thanksgiving week a concern? Is tourism particularly heavy or light that week?

Reply to: Travel time to trogon Lodge
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted