We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What will it be like in May ?

Which Messonghi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
reviews: 9
What will it be like in May ?

We have booked a trip again to Messonghi for 3rd week in May and we are wondering:- firstly what will be open by then (in October there were very few bars/restaurants along the beach front open) secondly, how warm will it be and thirdly, will the wabbies and mozzies be holidaying there as well ? :)

Yassas!

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sidari
reviews: 14
1. Re: What will it be like in May ?

Hi ontourUK....May is a beautiful time to visit Corfu with the flowers in full bloom and the green countryside. We visit Sidari usually in mid-to late May and we have been lucky with the weather (in the mid to high twenties). Last year we did have a spectacular thunderstorm with heavy rain but it did not last that long, and remember it makes for a good excuse to dive into a local taverna or bar for an Ouzo or two!! The rain soon clears and gets back to sunny warm weather...unlike Blighty!!

Corfu is beginning to come to life in late May, there will be the odd bar or apartments not open as they often cater for the high season tourists.

Mozzies will be about, but not in their hordes (pesky little blighters). I often say that when we first came to Sidari my 'himself' had his own personal mozzie fan club waiting for him! Just ensure you come armed with the usual potions and lotions (i.e. sprays, liquid mozzie plug ins etc..) and you should be okay. 'Himself' doesn't get bitten now...

I am sure you will love Messonghi in May...You might even be lucky and see the fireflies which are amazing to watch!

Fi

UK
2. Re: What will it be like in May ?

Hello Fi

thankyou for the reply. Soooo looking forward to this trip - it will be my birthday while we are there so now my only decision will be which restaurant to celebrate in.. during our 2 weeks last October we ate at Minore Taverna as the majority of other places had closed for the season, however Minore was brill.. oh decisions, decisions....and only 1 week to squeeze them all in.. !

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sidari
reviews: 14
3. Re: What will it be like in May ?

Seems you have been 'bitten' by the Corfu Bug...lol...that means you will just have to come back to Corfu again and try all the other tavernas too. x

Have a great birthday!

Fi

Sheffield
reviews: 38
4. Re: What will it be like in May ?

Do update us as soon as you get back. I'm planning to go back to Moraitika/Messonghi at the end of May for a couple of weeks,

UK
5. Re: What will it be like in May ?

sure will, Tintin100.. where are you staying? we are going back to the Galini Beach Apartments in Messonghi, it's a really lovely place.

Years ago (1999) we stayed at Leftis Romantica in Moraitika; last year we went back to see the place and (apart from a lick of paint) it has not changed a bit! We had a meal at Jimmy's in Moraitika and he still does his party trick of balancing bottles on his head ! I love the "M&M" area ! :)

Sheffield
reviews: 38
6. Re: What will it be like in May ?

We stayed at Mayflower apartments in Moraiitika in early September and plan to go back to the same place. It's down the lane just past the EKO petrol station going towards Messonghi. Lovely little place. Can't wait.

Cheshire
reviews: 22
7. Re: What will it be like in May ?

If it was my birthday I would opt for Minore! We have been eating there for about 15 years and if you return this year then Harris will be sure to remember you and treat you like a member of the family. Let him know its your birthday celebration. There are of course other Tavernas in and around Messonghi which are good but Minore does have that extra bit of atmosphere as most of the diners will know each other, like you they will be returning again! We hope to be getting to Messonghi again this year, if not it will be the first year we have missed. Most places should be open but we have found that the season starts later each year and they are struggling to attract tourists which is a shame as its a little bit of heaven. Weatherwise, this is the same, the last few years May has been getting a bit cooler and wetter but of course not days on end like in England but last year we had about three days of cool wet weather and we travelled out on 12 May. We returned on 22nd and understand it was really hot when we left, so anything can happen. Suggest you take a sweater for evenings just in case.

UK
8. Re: What will it be like in May ?

Hi pamart... I am pretty sure it will be Minore on the 21st! We celebrated our wedding anniversary there last October and the family treated us brilliantly.

With so many lovely places to eat we will find it hard to squeeze them all in to only one week - but we'll try!

Can anyone remember the name of the restaurant in Chlomos with the magnificant view ? We had lunch there one day, only found it by chance when we were out in the car. I'm wondering if we wcould walk there one day and if there is an 'easier' walk then following the road?

Swansea, United...
reviews: 6
9. Re: What will it be like in May ?

hi ontour ithink you went to taverna balis

UK
10. Re: What will it be like in May ?

Hi Michael T... YES! that's the one. we had a really nice meal and the setting is just spectacular. We would like to go back with the intention of visiting the museum at the church this time but we don't plan on hiring a car on this trip and I am hoping that walking there will not be too difficult.

thankyou !

Get answers to your questions about Messonghi