We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking forward to our first visit.... a few questions

Which Roda hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bolton
Destination Expert
for Sidari
reviews: 58
Looking forward to our first visit.... a few questions

We are so looking forward to our first visit to Roda in June. The original plan was to visit for easter but due to work we are unable to visit until June.

We are staying at Blue Gardens having researched the area and the complex and are very excited to be staying and meeting Eleni, Andreas and the rest of the Blue Gardens Family.

We know we are only a hop skip and jump away from the village and just wondered where is best to visit to hire a quad for a few days? We always hire in sidari but as we are in Roda this time we intend to visit a few places whilst there. So guys where is best to hire a quad and the rough prices please.

Also good tips for meals in the evening and entertainment, pubs, clubs etc.

Sidari
Destination Expert
for Corfu
reviews: 1
1. Re: Looking forward to our first visit.... a few questions

http://rodaonline.proboards.com/index.cgi

happy new year

Roda, Greece
Destination Expert
for Corfu, Roda
reviews: 19
2. Re: Looking forward to our first visit.... a few questions

See the page for Sunriders on the village website;

www.rodaonline.org/Roda-Pages/Sunriders/

Steve

Bolton
Destination Expert
for Sidari
3. Re: Looking forward to our first visit.... a few questions

thanks guys just checked out roda online again for prices for quad hire xx

soo looking forward to our first stay in the village x

Bolton
Destination Expert
for Sidari
4. Re: Looking forward to our first visit.... a few questions

counting the days until we arrive in Roda on 1 June. Already had wonderful e-mails back and forth with Elena from Blue Gardens who has absolutely assured me that's its never too early for an ouzo!!!! (we will arrive around lunchtime!!) and cannot wait to sample the wonderful hospitality and the restaurants in the Village x

Already wishing the year away xxxxx

Edited: 8:39 am, January 22, 2013
Roda, Greece
Destination Expert
for Corfu, Roda
5. Re: Looking forward to our first visit.... a few questions

On Wednesday June 5th, at 11 am, there will be an informal meeting for visitors - a chance to swap stories and make recommendations ... all very relaxed. If you would like to come and tell us what you think, then look out for the venue which will posted on the rodaonline forum in April.

Steve

Waterford, Ireland
6. Re: Looking forward to our first visit.... a few questions

We are taking advantage of the new service from Dublin by Aer lingus in September.We are staying for three weeks in the Blue Gardens in Roda based on the good reviews. Being from Ireland and not enjoying any mozzie weather in recent years !!! could i ask are repellants widely available in Roda and any advice as to the most effective?

The best quote for a private taxi transfer from the airport to Roda that i got was 50 euros with Roda taxis

Bolton
Destination Expert
for Sidari
7. Re: Looking forward to our first visit.... a few questions

thanks steve will look out for the time and venue would be nice to meet other ta's xx for a chat

Bolton
Destination Expert
for Sidari
8. Re: Looking forward to our first visit.... a few questions

mozzie repellant widely available.... hubby swears by sss spray from avon tried and works for him but everyone is different but yes you wont have a problem getting hold of mozzie repellant in roda or on the island in general x

Roda, Greece
Destination Expert
for Corfu, Roda
9. Re: Looking forward to our first visit.... a few questions

Prevention is better than the cure - pay attention to detail whatever repellent you use. If you don't want to use DEET on your skin, then Yahoo Voices offers the follwing advice:

"You can make your own insect repellent sprays by combining either rubbing alcohol, witch hazel, vodka or olive oil with any of the listed essential oils in a 10 to 1 (alcohol to oil) ratio. Lotions can be made by adding 2 Tablespoons of distilled water, 2 Tablespoons of olive oil, and 120 drops essential oil. Pour the oil slowly into the water while using a wire whip to mix. After oil and water is mixed thoroughly, stir in the essential oil. You might also try adding a few drops of essential oil to your shampoo, liquid soap, and bath oil.

You can make your own essential oil mosquito repellents by combining any of the following oils: castor, cedar, celery extract, clove, citronella, geranium, lemon eucalyptus, fennel, lavender, lemon grass, peppermint, rosemary, and tea tree oil. A few more suggestions about some of the more effective essential oils follows."

Personally, I have the most success with lavendar oil in a clear body lotion. Whatever you use - rub it well in as spraying alone is not enough.

Steve

Edited: 8:54 am, January 27, 2013
London, United...
reviews: 6
10. Re: Looking forward to our first visit.... a few questions

Just got back yesterday and used 'Sunriders' for motorbike hire. I love riding and look to hire in every country I go to, but these guys are without a doubt the best and easiest I have used. They picked my fiance and I up at the hotel took us to their store/ depot, I then was allowed to test drive any bike I wanted and after choosing it they did a quick mechanical before I left. So, so easy and we negotiated the price.... Would recommend them to all!! 5 Stars!

Get answers to your questions about Roda
More Roda Topics