We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Roda Early May.

Which Roda hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Rainford, United...
reviews: 14
Roda Early May.

We are looking to book for a quiet getaway May 2013.

Couple of quick questions...

What is the weather average for Roda in early May?

What activites are available in Roda?

We know there are buses to Corfu Town and Sidari and would like something to do other than lounge round the pool! (Hopefully warm enough to tan and swim).

Many thanks.

Roda, Greece
Destination Expert
for Corfu, Roda
reviews: 18
1. Re: Roda Early May.

Hi nippy-devil, how about this for information?

weatherspark.com/averages/32191/5/Corfu-Kerk…

Of course this is for Corfu, not Roda, and we often have better weather here because of our geographical position and the prevailing winds. For activities in Roda, then take a look at http://www.rodaonline.org/Roda-Pages/, or ask your specific questions on the forum of rodaonline.

It is usually warm enough to tan and swim and it's the only time of year that I'm browner than the tourists! The sea is still to warm up, but it can often be better than the pools in May. As you say, there are plenty of local buses and lots of trips available from the agencies on the above link.

Steve

Rainford, United...
2. Re: Roda Early May.

Thanks Steve thats really helpful.

After the first snap of frost here this weekend, we plumped for a booking for June 2013. Better weather and more places will be open for the season.

The links are great thank you - and im pleased to add we have booked with the help of reviews from Tripadvisor too. Tzilios Studios in Roda...and we cannot wait!

Roda, Greece
Destination Expert
for Corfu, Roda
3. Re: Roda Early May.

One thing I would say, nippy-devil, is that just about every business in Roda is open from May1st. It is at the end of the season that some close as visitor numbers decline, but we haven't reached that point in Roda yet this year.

It may be that watersports start a little later because of sea temperatures, and some boat trips are a little later starting because of the shorter days but, after a long winter, everyone is keen to get going. The added advantage in 2013 is that people arriving on May 1st will get to experience Greek Easter - definitely not to be missed.

Steve

Rainford, United...
4. Re: Roda Early May.

Hullo,

oh drat - id have loved the Easter celebrations...ive a sweet tooth and from my experience holiday-ing in Kos over the years I know of the Greeks amazing baking skills - sampling many Loukoumades!

June will be good as I like warm weather and keen to sightsee, read on the beach & swim. A quiet relaing break.

Thank you for all your help.

Ashford, United...
5. Re: Roda Early May.

I have found this really useful and I am also looking at going to Roda in May 2013, was looking around the 10th May for 10 days. Like you, I want to do a mix of things and not just sit by the beach or pool (although a tan is important!). My husband is not one for sitting around and loves fishing, so I was hoping that there might be places where he can fish, or any local people who might be able to take him out on a small boat (cost permitting).

I was looking at booking the Mitis as it looked good.

Edited: 7:58 am, November 22, 2012
Rainford, United...
6. Re: Roda Early May.

Hi Jo J,

We managed to get the flights we want for early June from Manchester, so will sadly miss the Easter celebrations that Steve mentioned.

We hope to visit Old Perethia deserted village and also take a boat trip during our stay, visit Corfu Town and Kassiopi. I have been to Roda in 2002 and it will be interesting to see what has changed.

Enjoy your break! x

Bolton, United...
reviews: 1
7. Re: Roda Early May.

We were in Roda early in May of this year. We went on 11th May, a week after the season got under way. I have to say that we wouldn't go so early in the season again - many places were not yet open, and lots of apartment complexes didn't even have their pools filled. We were there for two weeks and by the time we were going home, most places were up and running. We visited Roda a few weeks later for a night out when we were on holiday in nearby Kalami, and the place was packed then. Next year, we will be going a bit later in the season.

Roda, Greece
Destination Expert
for Corfu, Roda
8. Re: Roda Early May.

I live in Roda and I'm surprised that you found several businesses not yet open in mid-May. As far as I can remember, every bar, restaurant & shop that did open was trading in the first week. I accept that there were accommodation complexes still closed as tour operators persist in telling enquirers that Roda is full at that time of year. All pools are filled just before the first customers arrive as they are expensive to maintain.

Steve

Bolton, United...
reviews: 1
9. Re: Roda Early May.

Hi Steve, several restaurants were definitely not open when we first arrived. The New Port opened halfway through our first week, the taverna attached to the Panorama apartments (opposite the Drunken Sailor) didn't open till our second week, and the small taverna opposite Crusoes (Pangalos?) wasn't open for the full two weeks we were there. This was our fifth visit to Roda, but the first so early in the season. We still loved it, and got a great bargain (less than £500 for two adults at Fiona Theo's) but it will definitely be a bit later in the season when we go again- 5th July next year :-)

Roda, Greece
Destination Expert
for Corfu, Roda
10. Re: Roda Early May.

You're right of course Lynda - I never use any of those restaurants and I'd forgotten that New Port always opens a little later. Pangalos this year, seemed to open late & close early, although, having walked past a couple of times lately, I have wondered if Thallasea is actually open now. That still leaves three restaurants open all week in the winter - Drosia, Dimitri's and O Arabas, as well as Pixida and Petrino at weekends.

Steve

Get answers to your questions about Roda
More Roda Topics