We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Leaving from shinjuku to Immigration at Narita airport

Which Shinjuku hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 2
Leaving from shinjuku to Immigration at Narita airport

Hi,

Like to know how much time needed to travel from Shinjuku by NEX train and clearance custom during our departure. Thank you.

Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 61
1. Re: Leaving from shinjuku to Immigration at Narita airport

NEX takes about 80-85 minutes from Shinjuku to Narita. You may want to check the schedule at:

…eki-net.com/pc/…index.html

Custom clearance depends on the time of the day, but I would give myself about 20-30 minutes.

Tokyo, Japan
Destination Expert
for Hakone-machi, Minato
2. Re: Leaving from shinjuku to Immigration at Narita airport

What time is your flight? And what day exactly? If you are traveling during the holidays in Japan (Golden Week, summer Obon season, end of the year/New Year's), immigration could be quite time consuming. Last August, travelers completely filled the room and all the lines extended to the back wall! However, it's never as bad as some of the other countries I have traveled to as ALL the counters will be open! Yay!

Remember you have to be at the airport 2 hours prior to the plane departure, so do a bit of subtraction and you'll end up with a train departure time from Shinjuku.

Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
for Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Shinjuku
reviews: 34
3. Re: Leaving from shinjuku to Immigration at Narita airport

Departure immigration check usually takes no longer than 10 minutes. As mamajelli pointed out, if you're traveling during the major holidays, it's a different story.

Tokyo, Japan
Destination Expert
for Hakone-machi, Minato
4. Re: Leaving from shinjuku to Immigration at Narita airport

On an average day, morning flights are especially bad as that's when the flights to Asia and Europe leave. I've waited for over 30 minutes. Lines are often shorter later in the day flights when flights to the US leave. Foreigners take longer than Japanese to process the paperwork. The more foreigners on a flight, the longer the immigration lines. There's logic to the madness! :-)

Singapore, Singapore
5. Re: Leaving from shinjuku to Immigration at Narita airport

Hi,

My date of departure is on the 18Oct 13, 12.10pm. Please can advise. Thank you

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
reviews: 77
6. Re: Leaving from shinjuku to Immigration at Narita airport

12:10pm is probably not too bad. I have stood in line at NRT immigration before for 30 minutes at 6pm. Many flights depart in the late afternoon.

Still, you should never take our word as the sole guide. Whatever transport means you use, you should plan to arrive NRT two hours prior to your flight time.

Singapore, Singapore
7. Re: Leaving from shinjuku to Immigration at Narita airport

Thank you very much

8. Re: Leaving from shinjuku to Immigration at Narita airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 am, September 27, 2014