We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Century Southern Tower noise

Which Shibuya hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
falcon85
reviews: 5
Hotel Century Southern Tower noise

I'm considering staying at this hotel because of the central location and the reviews, but my concern is because it's right next to the train tracks, is it noisy at night?

Seattle, Washington
reviews: 24
1. Re: Hotel Century Southern Tower noise

During my stay at the CST in August, I had a westside facing room and it seemed very quiet, even though the Odakyu Line, and a hospital were on that side of the building. Also, the room curtains did a really good job of sealing out the light (bright sun reflection off of the Park Hyatt Hotel every morning I was there).

Aoyama Dori and San...
Destination Expert
for Kawasaki, Yokohama, Tokyo
reviews: 25
2. Re: Hotel Century Southern Tower noise

In general, hotel rooms in Japan are pretty well sound-insulated from the outside. Most of the noise I hear is room-to-room or floor-to-floor which can happen in any hotel in the world. Many are triple-insulated because they have a storm window layer to deal with typhoons.

Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
for Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Shinjuku
reviews: 26
3. Re: Hotel Century Southern Tower noise

I've stayed in train track facing rooms at the CST a few times and I was never bothered by any noise.

As mentioned by Route-san, windows are very well insulated and guest rooms are located on the 22nd floor and higher. You really don't hear train noise at all.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
reviews: 76
4. Re: Hotel Century Southern Tower noise

You can hear some train noise but it's almost unnoticeable. As Shibuyakko said, all the rooms are at least 20+ floors up. The windows are quite sound proof so you hardly hear anything. Even the room doors have hydraulic hinges so they don't slam shut. I have stayed at rooms at CST that are close to the elevator (usually a big no for me) and couldn't hear anything going on in the hallway.

In fact, you will probably spend some time admiring the trains from above.

Jakarta, Indonesia
5. Re: Hotel Century Southern Tower noise

I read all reviews about this hotel is a good location. Has limousine bus service stop to/from Haneda airport directly to the hotel? I want go to disneyland , is the hotel located near JR HIghway bus terminal ? And how i can go to sanrio puroland ? Can i short walk distance. I plan want citytour but This hotel is not list hotel pick up , if i request pick up hotel washington or keio plaza, how far from this hotel? Can short walking? Thank you

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 64
6. Re: Hotel Century Southern Tower noise

Limo Bus schedule - limousinebus.co.jp/en/…16

Puroland access - http://www.puroland.co.jp/english/access.html

Disneyland access - tokyodisneyresort.co.jp/en/…index.html

Tokyo, Japan
Destination Expert
for Hakone-machi, Minato
reviews: 2
7. Re: Hotel Century Southern Tower noise

Keio Plaza and the JR bus terminal are located within walking distance. JR Bus terminal is 5 minutes.

Keio Plaza is 10 minutes. You might get distracted and go into Yodobashi Camera along the way, so give yourself extra time. Afterwards would be better!

It's easy to walk to Shinjuku train station, where all your trains are located basically in one spot.

Southern Terrace is very nice. Enjoy!

Kanazawa, Japan
reviews: 23
8. Re: Hotel Century Southern Tower noise

There is no train noise at the CST. The blackout curtains also work well. The location is superb, and the views better than most. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again if the price was right.

Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 73
9. Re: Hotel Century Southern Tower noise

I know this is an old post but because of the popularity of this hotel I think its worth adding this:

I've stayed in the rooms on both the west and east side of the Century Hotel. The ones on the west side are less spacious but are otherwise identical to the 'superior' and more costly rooms on the east side which I think also have better views across the city, especially now a new high rise has been built close by blocking the view to Mt Fuji.

The noise from the trains in the rooms are on the east side which directly overlook the station platforms is almost non existent, the sound proofing is so good! So you might expect the west side rooms to be the same.... wrong! There a road behind the hotel that has a warning bell that goes off constantly during train operation times so whilst its not loud, if you are a light sleeper and don't wish to be woken by the first train of the day around 5am I suggest opting for the east side rooms.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
reviews: 76
10. Re: Hotel Century Southern Tower noise

When you book double or twin room at CST, the more you pay, the bigger the room size. The standard double/twin is a very decent (by Japanese standards) 26m2, the next tier is 31m2, and the largest is 34m2. views may or may not cost extra depending on the plan, but price is definitely based on room size. One thing about CST is they don't have a semi-double type of room like many other Japanese hotels. Therefore, you won't get a double room that is really a glorified single as long as you book for two people. For reference, the single room is 19m2 which is still bigger than many double or twin rooms you might find at other business hotels.

The sound proofing is excellent really based on my experience regardless of what side you face. Of course, all of us are different when it comes to noise tolerance.