We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

arriving at 530pm/thur and staying at the prince park tower.

Which Minato hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
arriving at 530pm/thur and staying at the prince park tower.

arriving nrt at 530pm/thur and staying at the prince park tower. We will be taking the limousine bus from nrt to the hotel. I'm guessing that we will arrive at the hotel around 10pm? Are there any restaurants near (walking distance)this hotel still opened at this time? I believe hotel restaurant close their kitchen at 930. Also, Do you suggest any sight seeing or to-do at this time?

It's a really short trip (5 nites tyo and 2 nites kyoto) so we want to cram in as much as possible.

8 replies to this topic
Tokyo, Japan
1. Re: arriving at 530pm/thur and staying at the prince park tower.

you will reach prince park tower at 2015 or 2115. https:/…60

Edited: 12:34 am, July 09, 2014
Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
for Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Shinjuku
reviews: 26
2. Re: arriving at 530pm/thur and staying at the prince park tower.

The limobus may take much longer than the estimated time--it can be 3 hours if the traffic is really bad. I'd take the 18:48 NEX to Tokyo Station, then a taxi. You'll get to the Prince Park Tower by 20:30. Maybe you can even catch the 18:15 NEX.

www.jreast.co.jp/e/pass/nex_oneway.html

There are no restaurants near the hotel. You'll need to go to Hamamatsucho Station, which is a 12-15 minute walk. There are tons of restaurants open until late there.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
reviews: 76
3. Re: arriving at 530pm/thur and staying at the prince park tower.

Agree with Shibuyakko above, especially if you end up missing the 18:15 limobus. There is no sense in waiting an hour for the next bus.

For restaurants, besides Hamamatsucho, if you are up for a short trek, head to nearby Akabanebashi station where you can catch Toei Oedo line subway to Roppongi.

New York City, New...
4. Re: arriving at 530pm/thur and staying at the prince park tower.

Thank you everybody for your input. It's very helpful. But you think we can clear thru customs and get our luggage (checked in baggage) within 1 or 1&1/2hour after landing? Will the NEX be so crowded to make having to bring our luggage on to the train difficult to manage?

Tokyo, Japan
5. Re: arriving at 530pm/thur and staying at the prince park tower.

The number of passengers on NEX is limited to the number of seats on it(All reserved train)

happysleepy.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/n…

daviding.com/webphotos/albums/200902e-Narita…

Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
for Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Shinjuku
reviews: 26
6. Re: arriving at 530pm/thur and staying at the prince park tower.

>>>But you think we can clear thru customs and get our luggage (checked in baggage) within 1 or 1&1/2hour after landing? <<<

I've gone through NRT countless times and it never took more than an hour max.

NEX is a reserved seats only train and almost never crowded. When you buy a ticket, they'll book you a seat. Each carriage has luggage racks. Please look the link in #2 re special discount tickets for foreign tourists.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
reviews: 76
7. Re: arriving at 530pm/thur and staying at the prince park tower.

My worst immigration line experience at NRT took about 45 minutes. It used to be that way on every trip that I stopped going for a while. These days, it seems to be faster now. The regular immigration line is usually not more than 20 minutes. I have an APEC card so I breezed through using the aircrew lane in 10 minutes.

Baggage claim and customs are usually efficient. The walk from the arriving gate to immigration might take longer than waiting for your bags.

New York City, New...
8. Re: arriving at 530pm/thur and staying at the prince park tower.

Thanks so much for everyone's input. glad to hear that we should get thru NRT swiftly.. and you're right that I should catch the NEX instead of the limo bus

Reply to: arriving at 530pm/thur and staying at the prince park tower.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted