We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to stay in tokyo

Which Minato hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
reviews: 6
where to stay in tokyo

My wife my 18month old boy and myself are travelling to japan in jan15 we have 3 nights in tokyo before we go skiing. Can you lovely people make some suggestions on where to stay in tokyo and what are some must sees. Somewhere thats close enough to all the sites and not over th top expensive..

thank you

5 replies to this topic
Adelaide, Australia
reviews: 104
1. Re: where to stay in tokyo

we are too and it will be our 2nd trip with small children.

you definitely want to stay near the ginza and if you can stretch to the peninsula you would not regret it - prices may not be out til oct so im not sure you can book now - i received an email from them yesterday to this effect. there are a few other good hotels nearby though - if you go to trivago and use the peninsula as the search hotel, look at the hotels within 3-4kms. public transport is easy from this area too. presumably you'd do a half day/day trip to disney tokyo? that's about 45 mins by train and our 19mo absolutely loved it.

Edited: 2:43 am, June 22, 2014
New Zealand
reviews: 227
2. Re: where to stay in tokyo

"All the sights" are spread out over Tokyo, so it would be a good idea to decide what sights you would like to see, and then let us know. Without knowing your interests, it's also difficult to know what to recommend that you see, but I'm thinking maybe the zoo? It is in Ueno Park which would be a pleasant place for your 18 month old to run around. The park also has some temples and shrines in it, which could be interesting to you.

Ueno also has a number of economical hotels in the area, and it's easy to get to from Narita.

Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 11
3. Re: where to stay in tokyo

Hi, during my visit in June with my wife an daughter, we stayed in Sakura Hotel at Ikebukuro. The hotel is within walking distance (5 mins) from the well-connected train station and there are many good restaurants and shops around. Most importantly, they have room for 3 person and the price is cheap and reasonable.

Have a happy trip!

Paulo

http://tantaikwee.blogspot.sg

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 66
4. Re: where to stay in tokyo

What to see/do in Tokyo - http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2164.html

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka