We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to eat breakfast.

Which Minato hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Altos
where to eat breakfast.

Our family is staying at the Park Hotel Tokyo and was wondering if anyone knew of any good places to eat breakfast near the hotel.

manila
reviews: 14
1. Re: where to eat breakfast.

same question, but we will be staying in keio plaza in shinjuku..any suggestions??

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
reviews: 76
2. Re: where to eat breakfast.

Plenty of cafes and fast food choices are near these hotels and the train station areas. Specific places not withstanding, comments of the below thread apply as well:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294232-i525-k5589…

Tokyo, Japan
reviews: 107
3. Re: where to eat breakfast.

Two completely different places.

Park Hotel is located in the Shiodome complex, which has some huge office buildings. There really are not any breakfast places like a typical north american greasy spoon.

There is a Vie de France bakery on the b1 level of Shidome City Centre that opens at 0700. It will have pastries, sandwiches, bread, and coffee.

You can do what most the Japanese do, which is get something to go at one of the ubiquitous convenience stores (7-11, Lawson, Family Mart, etc). Convenience stores are so much better than anywhere else in the world).

You can find Starbucks and other coffee shops around.

You can walk over to Tsukiji and get some sushi at one of the 24 hr sushi places like Sushi Zanmai.

In Shinjuku, ditto the convenience stores. There are also some McD's around, which had the best coffee - better than Starbucks! There are also a few bakeries around that open around 7 or 8 am, perhaps later.

reviews: 27
4. Re: where to eat breakfast.

4 mins walks from Park Hotel Shiodome is the Carretta Building B1 & B2 have cafes & morning dining options incl. the ubiquitous U.S chains if that's your thing. Also the nearby Shiodome City Centre building has cafes, etc. incl. a French bakery in B2.

As for the Keio Plaza I'd walk towards Shinjuku station area.

NNJ
reviews: 34
5. Re: where to eat breakfast.

Why not try the hotel's buffett? it's expensive (~$30 at 4-5 star hotels), but worth it (a few years back, I had a very good coffee at a 4 star hotel's buffett. I was so suprised that I went to find where was the coffett from: it's Blue Mountain's).

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
reviews: 76
6. Re: where to eat breakfast.

If you are going to spend that sort of money on a buffet, I suggest you head to Tsukiji and eat good sushi for breakfast at one of the outer market restaurants.

USA
reviews: 3
7. Re: where to eat breakfast.

We tried St Marc cafe one day

www.saint-marc-hd.com/cafe

We also purchased bread & pasteries from convenient stores and dept store for breakfast. Usually the hotel lobby will provide free coffee and hot tea. Otherwise, convenient stores sell milk,juice, and all kinds of drink.

Tokyo, Japan
reviews: 87
8. Re: where to eat breakfast.

Apart from fast food chains (Japanese and Western), 24 hour open family restaurants, bakeries and chain cafes, or convenience store food, there is nothing much. Proper Japanese restaurants won't be open in the morning. Sushi in Tsukiji is an exception.

Hotel buffet can be worth it if you happen to be starving or would like wide variety of food.

Edited: 9:11 am, July 23, 2012
Tokyo, Japan
9. Re: where to eat breakfast.

If already in a hotel why not ask the Concierge about a Denny's, Gusto or Jonathan's for a good value reasonable breakfast. Be clear what type of budget you have in mind.

Near the Park hotel you need to walk a little to find something and towards Daimon station there are more options, but not a lot.

If looking for something special or a weekend brunch can be a little more effort, as breakfast is not an occasion as the cafe brunch culture in Australia or other countries.

Places like Bill's, Ty Harbor's Ivy Place, Salt by Luke Mangan, Roti, Suji's & Two Rooms Bar & Grill are changing this slowly a serve of fluffy ricotta pancakes or scrambled eggs at a time.

Tokyo, Japan
reviews: 59
10. Re: where to eat breakfast.

Hi

If you're in the Roppongi area can't let up a chance to go to Lauderdale to have breakfast.

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g1066451-d…

1F Roppongi Hills Keyakizaka Dori, Minato, Tokyo Prefecture, Japan

Great place for food, and a great environment.