We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Haneda Airport to Hotel (Flight arriving at 11pm)

Which Chiyoda hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kuala Lumpur...
reviews: 13
Haneda Airport to Hotel (Flight arriving at 11pm)

Hello! 3 of us will be arriving at Haneda on a Wednesday at 11pm, and our hotel is the Toshi Center Hotel in Chiyoda.

I've done some research (using Google Maps and the Haneda Airport website) and this is how I'm planning to get to the hotel:

Use the Keikyu Line (faster than the monorail, right?) to the Shinagawa Station, then take the JR trains to the Nagatacho Station and walk to the hotel.

I'm afraid that the stations would be closed by the time we reach Shinagawa. Hopefully someone could advise us on the routes.

reviews: 21
1. Re: Haneda Airport to Hotel (Flight arriving at 11pm)

It all depends on when you get out of the airport and onto the train. Will you be able to get the last train that will give you enough time to transfer to the other trains? You will need to take 3 trains to get to Nagatacho. (if you get mixed up with transferring trains then that woukd be frustrating). JR does not go to Nagatacho (you'll need to get on the subway to get there).

Another option is to take the monorail (last train just after midnight) to Hamamatsucho station direct from Haneda and then grab a taxi to your hotel in Nagatacho. The taxi ride will take less than 20 minutes and will probably cost around 3,000-3,500 yen. In this way you take only one train (to get you more into Tokyo) without worrying about transferring twice on the trains, which you may end up missing anyhow.

Kuala Lumpur...
2. Re: Haneda Airport to Hotel (Flight arriving at 11pm)

The part about the possible frustration of switching trains is true.

Most probably we'll take the train into Tokyo as far as we can, then take the cab. 3000-3500 yen per trip isn't too expensive.

Thanks again for the tip!

singapore
reviews: 23
3. Re: Haneda Airport to Hotel (Flight arriving at 11pm)

I usually take a taxi direct from Haneda to my hotel in Ginza. It cost about 7000 to 8000 yen at that time of the night. If there are 3 of you - then the per person cost is not that high and saves you having to drag your luggage around and moving to train station. (Of course you will need to printout hotel name and address in Japanese to the taxi driver - you will have to do that anyway if you need to catch a cab and don't speak Jpanese).

Kuala Lumpur...
4. Re: Haneda Airport to Hotel (Flight arriving at 11pm)

Oh, the taxi fares aren't too expensive then! Was worried that it will burn a hole in our pockets.

It is rather risky to rush for the trains before the stations close, and just trying to find the stops would take a long time.

Thank you for your help!

NYC
reviews: 7
5. Re: Haneda Airport to Hotel (Flight arriving at 11pm)

I arrived at HND last night at about 10:30 - International Terminal - it took more than an hour to get through Immigration...luckily for me I was staying at the First Cabin Hotel in Terminal as I flew out again this morning....so if you are going into Tokyo you definitely should have a Plan B....

6. Re: Haneda Airport to Hotel (Flight arriving at 11pm)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 am, June 15, 2014