We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Re Motor rental at Tagbiliram

Which Tagbilaran City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dumaguete City...
reviews: 20
Re Motor rental at Tagbiliram

"Also right now there is a new motorbike rental shop just 50 meters from the pier in Tagbilaran".

What kind of ID do you need to rent a motor? Would I have to leave my passport?

7 replies to this topic
Baguio, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
reviews: 238
1. Re: Re Motor rental at Tagbiliram

@ Dumaguete

Surely you are joking! For Mobike rental, you never need to leave back your passport or such important id. In most places, any id will do! in some places, no id is needed!

Dumaguete City...
2. Re: Re Motor rental at Tagbiliram

On Mactan Island the one expat that used to rent motors there required you left your passport. I never availed of his rentals but that was the policy

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
reviews: 773
3. Re: Re Motor rental at Tagbiliram

Im with YLOO...you must be joking. Find another rental company.

If there is any dispute regarding damage etc to the bike then you wont get your passport back and can be held to ransom and pay up whatever they ask. Lots of such complaints on the Thailand Forum.

Tommo

Dumaguete City...
4. Re: Re Motor rental at Tagbiliram

Well I agree-so that's why I was asking what the ID requ were at this place near the pier in Tagb

Tagbilaran City...
reviews: 3
5. Re: Re Motor rental at Tagbiliram

thats true that in Thailand it was too many scams with motorbikes and passports,but also its true that in the past when passport never been require,it was many incidents with foreigners involve in accidents and motorbike stolen and cosutomers never again came back to the shop.

Right now many shops promote themselves with a No Overcharge in case of accident in Thailand

In Europe or America when you rent a car or motorbike you make a contract with the lease company and that contract have a real effect under the law.

In the Philippines for exemple if you make a contract in a piece of paper with the renting shop or renting guy and if you dont bring the motorbike the law its so slow that anybody can disapear the country without saying bye bye....thats why people is asking for passport or any id that makes u will came back.

At the moment i dont have any new about someone overcharging systematically for incident/accidents in motorbikes.

I own a new motorbike shop close the pier in tagbilaran(maybe it was mine the one you telling),and yes we ask for any ID or passport for probe that you will return it.Also if people its not agree with leave the passport,something that i understand we scanner the passport and give the original to the customer

Also we already experience people involve in incidents and we offer them the direct contact with supplys fora better deal in the pieces damage.

Just for clarify our position

Best regards

Xavier

Tagbilaran City...
reviews: 3
6. Re: Re Motor rental at Tagbiliram

Sorry for not continue in the prepost.I cant edit for explain me a little more about.

Well just another points that i consider important clarify because this involve directly to my business and can be very negative:

Point number 1 is that i choose this business,renting motorbikes and selling boat tickets so close the pier because i consider the location its very convinient and can be very helpfull for travellers.Also we provide free lockers for storage your extra things,helmets and raincoats to our coustomers,free wifi and free water plus a CR.And of course in exchange for that we charge a price.

Point number 2 never ever we though to rip off customers and extorsion them with holding passport etc...a serious business doesnt build up with that kind of mentality.We just want to protect ourselves and already sometimes we are the rip offs when we realizes minimal damages in units.But thats the prices of a business also.No complaints.

And point number 3, we have our policy like the guy in mactan,why not is our choice.Also yours options are go to another company or particular.Like in hotels some ask for passport,another dont allow visitors etc...Business have their policys ,customers have their rights.But not for holding a passport nobody wants to extorsion you,Thats too serious to me that i been living in Koh Tao(Thailand) too many years and i saw many many problems.

Point 4 is that i accept my own mistakes like an owner and i accept if there are any faillures on my motorbikes.Also i know to listen customers and adapt to the requeriments of the customers for the future...like the fact of this post...i will check how to be safe and protect myslef without anybody get ofense...thats why are humans to learn and adapt...

Anyway i think is enough for explain...honestly if someone have any question can make it here,or to private email to mendiolagaray@hotmail.com i will be glad to reply.

Best regards

Xavier

Kauniainen, Finland
reviews: 33
7. Re: Re Motor rental at Tagbiliram

Just a little note, to say that I have rented a bike with Xaviers MotoRental and even if I left my ID as collateral I have had no problems with them or getting it back when I returned the bike. I also found them quite helpful with local info on getting around the island, and all, for all it's worth I would recommend them!

Reply to: Re Motor rental at Tagbiliram
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted